Riding modes

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masho46

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Hi guys as I'm still running in my rr I was just wondering if anyone uses the pro modes for road riding if so what adjustments have you made that is available.No point me doing it until the first service is done so any feedback appreciated.

I?ve tried ride pro modes and struggled with the suspension being too hard for the roads up here. Trackday time I will use the pro modes.

same here, couldnt get it soft enough in pro, i will try again later in year once ive remembered the welsh roads.lol...dynamic seems to work fine for mt at moment.

There is a Dave Moss video where he sets up a pro mode for ?road?, i have set what he suggested,

front Damp-10 (ive went 8)
Rear Comp- 4
rear Rebound - 4.

i found it ok, on a short run, buts i think i need to try it a bit longer.

its worth watching the YouTube, interesting, his thoughts on the suspension on the M sport.

I was using dynamic mode all the time but on a particularly fast ride I was getting a pretty bad weaving powering out of corners which I put down to traction control cutting in, I also wanted full torque and less wheelie control so I set up a pro mode.
I only weigh 70 kg and in the factory settings in pro mode the bike felt very stiff so I now have all the ddc settings at 1(softest) and although it's still firm, on a quick ride it all seems to come together and feels awesome, I haven't suffered with any weaving as yet either.
I have it set to the lowest wheelie control setting at the moment but that still seems intrusive sometimes when trying to power over rises in the road etc, I'm no wheelie monster but it is a bit annoying so next time I go out I'll try turning it off completely and see how that goes,I'll post photos of my smashed up bike after I've looped it lol.

I was using dynamic mode all the time but on a particularly fast ride I was getting a pretty bad weaving powering out of corners which I put down to traction control cutting in, I also wanted full torque and less wheelie control so I set up a pro mode.
I only weigh 70 kg and in the factory settings in pro mode the bike felt very stiff so I now have all the ddc settings at 1(softest) and although it's still firm, on a quick ride it all seems to come together and feels awesome, I haven't suffered with any weaving as yet either.
I have it set to the lowest wheelie control setting at the moment but that still seems intrusive sometimes when trying to power over rises in the road etc, I'm no wheelie monster but it is a bit annoying so next time I go out I'll try turning it off completely and see how that goes,I'll post photos of my smashed up bike after I've looped it lol.
That's interesting and great news for me as I am a road rider and want to get the best use out of all the available settings.Your braver than me mind knocking off dtc completely one ham fisted corner and it's doughnut time at best lol.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

There is a Dave Moss video where he sets up a pro mode for ?road?, i have set what he suggested,

front Damp-10 (ive went 8)
Rear Comp- 4
rear Rebound - 4.

i found it ok, on a short run, buts i think i need to try it a bit longer.

its worth watching the YouTube, interesting, his thoughts on the suspension on the M sport.
Cheers Frank will take a look at it on you tube I have the sport which has the three pro modes so should be pretty similar to the M

Cheers Frank will take a look at it on you tube I have the sport which has the three pro modes so should be pretty similar to the M

Watched the Dave moss vid now Frank very good I'm 13 st which is just over 3 stone lighter than the guy he set it up for.Is that the reason you went 8 on the front instead of 10 in pro 1.I might give k-tech a ring as they are 12 miles from me once I've run it in see what they say.

That's interesting and great news for me as I am a road rider and want to get the best use out of all the available settings.Your braver than me mind knocking off dtc completely one ham fisted corner and it's doughnut time at best lol.

I've still got DTC turned on but in a less intrusive setting,I definitely don't fancy getting rid of that safety net all together lol
Just the wheelie control I'm going to try turning off completely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Watched the Dave moss vid now Frank very good I'm 13 st which is just over 3 stone lighter than the guy he set it up for.Is that the reason you went 8 on the front instead of 10 in pro 1.I might give k-tech a ring as they are 12 miles from me once I've run it in see what they say.

lm just under 13st, so just set it to 8, so far, its ok, not messed with any other settings, want to get used to a wee bit at a time.

lm just under 13st, so just set it to 8, so far, its ok, not messed with any other settings, want to get used to a wee bit at a time.
Yeah that makes sense I can't wait to get it run in and start playing around with the settings.

Back