Front paddock stand

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ste M

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Morning gents

My old daytona used to have a hole for me to put my front paddock stand in to lift it. The s1000rr doesn't. Excuse my ignorance but what's my options here? Can I get bungs for the front or something? Sorry its a kinda newbie question but if you don't know then you don't know

Thanks

Morning gents

My old daytona used to have a hole for me to put my front paddock stand in to lift it. The s1000rr doesn't. Excuse my ignorance but what's my options here? Can I get bungs for the front or something? Sorry its a kinda newbie question but if you don't know then you don't know

Thanks
Any under fork stand would work. To use your stand, you would need to remove abs line holder, it hides the hole. I don't know better option.

You will need a stand that supports the fork bottoms rather than the hole in the triple tree.

I have a harris one

Hi, I hope you don't mind me asking, I've every type of Harris stand they make but I've never seen them with a spindle holder as pictured. I've just received the same stand yesterday but it doesn't have this option. What did you ask the boys for when you ordered it? Thanks Jamie

Wheel Spindle Holder

The Mrs uncle is a welder so got him to weld me a tube on, cost me a tenner for the front and back

That?s a really useful modification. Saves having the spindles rolling around the pit garage when changing wheels. I?ve only ever seen those holders fitted on Racefit stands and they were outrageously overpriced.

A tube with a couple of clips that could mount to most stands would help!

- Alex

Re: Wheel Spindle Holder

That?s a really useful modification. Saves having the spindles rolling around the pit garage when changing wheels. I?ve only ever seen those holders fitted on Racefit stands and they were outrageously overpriced.

gee-tec do them with front+rear tubes for spindles,similar pricing to harris.

I've just been out to the man cave and an old Micron stand did the trick. It's the type with the two prongs on each side that swing on a counterbalance weight. The front prongs sit under teh front of the the fork on each side and the rear prongs sit under the brake calliper mounts. On that basis any sturdy front fork stands should do the trick. However, please note, I reckon the front end on the K67 is particularly heavy compared to my previous steads - VFR750RT, CBR900RRV, GSXR1000K5, 675R - I think it might be a weight distribution thing, but either way there's more weight on the front stands than I've experienced before, so make sure you have properly sturdy types rather than some of the lighter ally ones you see on e-Bay.

Gee-Tech Paddock Stands

gee-tec do them with front+rear tubes for spindles,similar pricing to harris.

Thanks. Their stands look really well made and easily on a par with those from Harris.

I thought the geetech ones were quite a bit dearer I paid about 80 each for the front and back harris. I got them from demon tweeks when ebay do 20% off selected sellers

Last edited:
Back