Evotech levers

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katie

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Had a pair of adjustable, folding Evotech levers fitted yesterday and am very happy with the choice. Nice range of adjustment, comfortable to use and I think good to look at too. Bought direct from Evotech for ?118 so not bad value either :tickled_pink:

Lever left.jpgLever right.jpg

[emoji106] I've got these on mine too [emoji41] very nice feel and the quality is great as always from Evotech. I have the bar ends too, really helps kill vibrations. Also mirror blank plates from them [emoji23] Love Evotech products.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

[emoji106] I've got these on mine too [emoji41] very nice feel and the quality is great as always from Evotech. I have the bar ends too, really helps kill vibrations. Also mirror blank plates from them [emoji23] Love Evotech products.

+1 on the bar ends, they made a massive difference :eek:

I just ordered a pair of levers and bar ends from https://evotech-performance.com/
i didn't want to buy from fleabay just be sure they are not fake ones and these cost only ?115 for the levers and ?30 for the bar ends. UPS delivery ?4.12 (next day as its Friday I will get them for Tuesday)

Are they easy to fit?

PS Thanks for the link Katie

Evotech-Folding-Clutch-Brake-Lever-set-PRN003251-003252-003315-12-Image-Rotation-01_56ca3910-076f-469a-94e5-ae83223ee0c4_large.jpg
Evotech-Suzuki-GSX-R1000-Handlebar-End-Weights-PRN013679-12-Image-Rotation-01_12f9a0a5-4fc7-4834-8b49-6aae365dbaf7_large.jpg

Last edited:
I just ordered a pair of levers and bar ends from https://evotech-performance.com/
i didn't want to buy from fleabay just be sure they are not fake ones and these cost only ?115 for the levers and ?30 for the bar ends. UPS delivery ?4.12 (next day as its Friday I will get them for Tuesday)

Are they easy to fit?

Evotech-Folding-Clutch-Brake-Lever-set-PRN003251-003252-003315-12-Image-Rotation-01_56ca3910-076f-469a-94e5-ae83223ee0c4_large.jpg
Evotech-Suzuki-GSX-R1000-Handlebar-End-Weights-PRN013679-12-Image-Rotation-01_12f9a0a5-4fc7-4834-8b49-6aae365dbaf7_large.jpg
[emoji106] levers are well worth the money, bar ends are the best ?30 spent. Evotech have great products and the quality is top.

Does your cruise control cancel work with the Evotech brake lever?

Are they easy to fit?

I had the levers fitted but they only charged me for 15 minutes so guessing not too bad! There is a thread on here ( @immortalindian ) pointing out the trickier aspects re: micro switches and stuff.

I had an issue with torquing the bar ends as the thread stripped way before htting the recommended torque. Ended up getting some longer bolts to fix the problem but you may want to ask Evotech first as they are looking at the issue

I've fitted ASV shorty's to mine and I had the common problem of bending the micro switch when I was re fitting the new one. It's a easy fix if it happens you just need to straighten it again and test to make sure cruise control works and that it will start in gear.

Rob

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

That's good to hear as I ordered some from Evotech today, despite not really noticing any vibrations and mirrors never blur.

I received my Evotech bar ends yesterday, disappointed they didn't include replacement bolts nevertheless I fitted them using existing bolts and not over torquing. Pleased to say, delighted with bar ends and the vibration which I never noticed still isn't there, along with the non blurring mirrors at any rev!!! lol Still, in the event of a bike drop they will offer a tad more protection. HaHa. :biggrin-new:

I had mine turn up i used the original bolts and took Katies advise as not to over tighten. HOWEVER i was disappointed with the levers and i am sending them back,

Just as a matter of interest Katie and Yogie, what was the BMW recommended torque setting you were given for the Evotech bar ends? I was given 66nm which I decided was far too high so settled on 40nm by the way it's 38nm for the XR!!

Just as a matter of interest Katie and Yogie, what was the BMW recommended torque setting you were given for the Evotech bar ends? I was given 66nm which I decided was far too high so settled on 40nm by the way it's 38nm for the XR!!

66Nm is the BMW recommended torque but the OEM bolts are too short when using the Evotech bar ends - if you try and torque to 66Nm you will damage the clip on threads.....Evotech know about this and I'm surprised they haven't sorted it out as the rest of their stuff is always spot on...???.

66Nm is the BMW recommended torque but the OEM bolts are too short when using the Evotech bar ends - if you try and torque to 66Nm you will damage the clip on threads.....Evotech know about this and I'm surprised they haven't sorted it out as the rest of their stuff is always spot on...???.

Yes, I was surprised by their lack of input there, nevertheless I had bought a pack of M12 x 60mm bolts from Alton Bolts for ?11.70 but I still couldn't bring myself to torquing of 40 nm. I wasn't able to get torx heads, these were allen capheads, still they do the job and look OK in black.

Back