What you wearing?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where you getting measure for that Fraggle?

Bahnstormer in Maidenhead. Had it done yesterday. BMW provide the dealers with a fitting kit which weirdly does not include a tape measure. Instead it has a red ribbon with no measurements making more of a faff than it should be.

Waiting on getting the quote back to find out the cost, but going for the kangaroo hide option.

Bahnstormer in Maidenhead. Had it done yesterday. BMW provide the dealers with a fitting kit which weirdly does not include a tape measure. Instead it has a red ribbon with no measurements making more of a faff than it should be.

Waiting on getting the quote back to find out the cost, but going for the kangaroo hide option.

Sounds extremely simple compared to the multitude of measurements that BKS used to take. Be interesting to know how it fits, expect hefty price tag!

Price update: the original quote didn't include shipping and the dreaded taxes. Brings it up to ~?1500 in all; still cheaper than Dainese (which starts at ?2k for the custom suit without being able to choose your own colour scheme)

I use Alpinestars RaceReplica 1 pc suit. I used to have Alpinestars 2 pc suit, but 1pc is so much comfortable with you wear it. With the new options about airbag I think it is the way to go. It offers so much more protection for street or track. I believe in the future (next 5 years) the airbags will cover most of the body surface and will be way cheaper.

Got my Race Pro suit today. Was a little nervous that something went wrong with the measurements (this is 2020 after all), but I shouldn't have worried. Fits perfect. Now I just need some nice weather so I can try them out on the bike.
DSC_0049a.jpgDSC_0050a.jpg

I use Alpinestars RaceReplica 1 pc suit. I used to have Alpinestars 2 pc suit, but 1pc is so much comfortable with you wear it. With the new options about airbag I think it is the way to go. It offers so much more protection for street or track. I believe in the future (next 5 years) the airbags will cover most of the body surface and will be way cheaper.
Their already heading down in price.. 1000 gets you a decent standard airbag suit with smart phone tech. It's definitely the way forward for any rider at that kind of money.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Got my Race Pro suit today. Was a little nervous that something went wrong with the measurements (this is 2020 after all), but I shouldn't have worried. Fits perfect. Now I just need some nice weather so I can try them out on the bike.
View attachment 5573View attachment 5574
Looks brilliant, did you post the overall cost Fraggle?

Last edited:
It was about ?1500 in the kangaroo leather & extra armour; that includes shipping and taxes. Not bad for a custom fit suit in custom colours.
Completely !.. I'd buy that in a minute but I'm resigned to getting an airbag suit..

Back