What you wearing?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nige-K

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
So, it?s been 6yrs since I?ve owned a sports bike. I figured, as I?m on an RR now I should drop the Rukka for a one piece suit. Dusted off my old and trusted Dainese 1-piece and tried squeezing my racing snake body into it. Who would?ve thought they shrink hung up in a wardrobe?!?

So, I?m now on the market for one that?ll compliment my WFH body, and have found a Dainese Laguna Seca 4. There happens to be one with some red/white/blue colouring too.

Anyone got one of these? Any comments on them?

If you are road riding then I'd go 2-piece which zips all the way around for the occasional track day

- Alex

For myself:

Casual Riding: Alpinestars GP Plus R v2 Jacket with Aramid CE Protective jeans

Spirited Road or Track riding: Alpinestars GP Plus R v2 2 piece leathers or a One Piece Alpinestars GP Plus suit.

Surprisingly, I find my one piece most comfortable, even though it's a bit old now.

Following on from others...
First bike ownership in 13 years..currently only own a 1 piece Alpinestars GP Pro V3 which I use for all road riding. (hardly spiritied in the words of Schuey)

However on the nice days when I could take the bike to work wearing the one piece over my uniform isn't ideal, so I'm currently sourcing a mesh jacket and I'm liking the look of Alpinestars Luc Air jacket in black.

There is also a textile Alpinestars T-Gp Plus R V3 in camo with some Bullit jeans that I'm going to pick up next week.

These be for casual small trips out locally with no real knee down stuff

Moto central in Hinckley are ordering me in the one and two piece versions, to try them out.
looks like a great suit in either form.

No doubt this sounds a bit dimwitted but since I got the M Sport I?ve mainly worn top of 2-piece and jeans, as it stops me from riding like a knob and risking a stretch in jail.

Spent plenty of time pondering 1 piece but never found one that fitted my short 64 kg frame.

No personal experience of Dainese.

Today I did 250 miles mainly in rain, at varying levels of intensity, in my 5/6 year old rukka 2 piece and it is still waterproof and very comfortable. So if you want to waste your miles by riding in shit weather I would recommend rukka.

I have a one piece Held racing suit which is very nice. It lives in storage. I cant remember the last time I used it as it?s track only. It?s impractical for carrying stuff, the changing uk weather makes it a gamble much of the time, plus I want to ride too fast if I wear it on the roads, so I dont bother.

I usually wear kevlar jeans and a armour jacket for day to day pootling about.

That is the problem with having these bikes, they are not a one trick pony so you need to be ready for any occasion!

Last edited:

Today I did 250 miles mainly in rain, at varying levels of intensity, in my 5/6 year old rukka 2 piece and it is still waterproof and very comfortable. So if you want to waste your miles by riding in shit weather I would recommend rukka.

I have a one piece Held racing suit which is very nice. It lives in storage. I cant remember the last time I used it as it?s track only. It?s impractical for carrying stuff, the changing uk weather makes it a gamble much of the time, plus I want to ride too fast if I wear it on the roads, so I dont bother.

That is the problem with having these bikes, they are not a one trick pony so you need to be ready for any occasion!

i do love my Rukka suit but I find the padding in the legs is geared up for adventure bikes (fair enough I suppose).
I?ve got a KTM advS and it?s great on that, but I don?t find it particularly comfortable on the RR. I reckon a 1 or 2 piece leather suit would be much better suited for it. Its great in Kevlar jeans but the padding just isn?t there.

250 miles, that's good going Soof, especially in the rain. Any aches and pains afterwards or all good?

I have just bought new IXS two piece leathers to replace the last set which shrunk, oh and they were a bit aged but still in perfect condition and treated with Renapur leather balsam from time to time. I also keep a thin waterproof over jacket in my Krueger bum bag. Casual riding a well armoured textile jacket and the 6 second Bullitt jeans. For serious wet weather a one piece Spada rain suit which folds away into its on bum bag. 100% waterproof in 100 mile plus rides.

I forgot to mention Marc, I got caught out in a heavy shower some while ago whilst wearing my Bullitt jeans and not a drop came through, to be fair it was only about ten miles, still, not bad result if you're caught out. :eek:nthego:

I've decided to get measured up for a BMW RacePro suit. Always been a struggle finding a suit that fits me. Even mix and match with a two piece there's always been some compromise (usually with slightly too long legs)

I've decided to get measured up for a BMW RacePro suit. Always been a struggle finding a suit that fits me. Even mix and match with a two piece there's always been some compromise (usually with slightly too long legs)

Where you getting measure for that Fraggle?

Back