Pimp yer Trafic

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
Started getting this Trafic together ..

Roof and Side bars fitted, ordered a set of 255/45x18 Nexens off Camskill and a set of 8J Gunmetal 5 spoke Alloys off Vanstyle tonight..

Gave the cab a proper clean, ply lining and carpet installed on Wednesday, then I can start to plan an electrical circuit in the rear cargo area...thinking of buying a split charge kit feeding a leisure battery, don't fancy getting up in the morning to a flat battery...
ded9d21db0f2008e0b053561560883ce.jpg
29385ca190fd894433102f5fd1d34894.jpg
23fa0645048ec268f01318ab4bd34b6a.jpg
24e8eef54a139ed34133293618dd3a9e.jpg
61f6bf33a2ca53899bd4c6657ab6a19f.jpg
9a2a63971c390e2f72730c6de1cae942.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Pissed off tonight, carpet fitter stuck 5 panels with carpet all on the wrong side ffs !.. had to pull it all off, managed to salvage and redo the panels myself when he left.. what a waste of time...thought he'd make a better job than me, obviously not.

Need to order another batch for the full length wall which gives me an idea of using a different colour on that wall and the roof... a van with a focal wall !... why not after all. Noticed three blanked tie down mounts on the floor, whipped the blanking Torx screws out, removed three wall ties and fired them into the floor, measured up and cut out corresponding 3 inch holes on the 9 mil ply floor, looks great !... don't know why I thought he'd make a better job than doing it myself ...

I'm rubbish with electrics, I can't figure out how to bypass the timer when the side/rear doors open.

Anyhow figured I needed a light when I open either cargo area door, so disengaged the shitey OE rooflight and fitted a strip of 5 x 3 inline LEDs which draw virtually nothing anyhow, but Jesus they're bright.

If I'm kipping in the van I'll need to have a simple on/off switch and create a standalone circuit which I'll fit when I buy a leisure battery, that will be miles easier to configure and route, BTW if anyones looking at cutting and joining cables anytime soon these shrink/solder sleeves are absolutely amazeballs... they work way better than I thought and keeps everything totally neat and tidy which is a prequisite for me, there's nothing worse than a Rats nest of cables.... check it out..
a31668f9cc39859e237439bdba9ceee4.jpg
0d2533b49575439cedfeb10a6747ecf9.jpg
0717931edf88130a3f051d35adc7f605.jpg
bb22cee7dff55dc3498bc79d0ff1eae1.jpg
34bac8e73ddcd67718a4e4e784b4089d.jpg
ce8143824d4264001a3f95921a36e314.jpg
10c9692cec35dfa9bbcd96fa161bb7d2.jpg
e70e68374921829f0c4655b1ce6b9f1c.jpg

Haha... yea almost all done, going to carpet that bulkhead tonight.. should finish everything end of next week...

I like taking my time on these matters you know lol

Room for a hammock?? Looking great... just need 40? tv now to watch track days on YouTube!

love the rims too!!

The van is looking really good Stuart. The LED lights are a great idea. Those crimp tools/connectors are well worth it & a good idea to shrink wrap them. We all know from our bikes how these correctors can corrode if exposed.
Look forward to seeing it with the bike inside.

Looking good Stu. Will it be ready for your track days?
First one is three weeks away so bloody better be...anyone know anything about leisure batteries ? There's millions on EB, looking for a good brand...Vartas are much moolah, need to work out draw over a few days, probably looking at 120 ah. Or thereabouts

First one is three weeks away so bloody better be...anyone know anything about leisure batteries ? There's millions on EB, looking for a good brand...Vartas are much moolah, need to work out draw over a few days, probably looking at 120 ah. Or thereabouts

Many folk fit a 16amp hook up point to their vans to power heaters/coolers etc from the garage at the track or their generators.

What are you trying to run off the battery?

- Alex

Many folk fit a 16amp hook up point to their vans to power heaters/coolers etc from the garage at the track or their generators.

What are you trying to run off the battery?

- Alex

Yea, so the dilemma is because the van is Euro 6 compliant the alternator only produces so much power and not enough to charge two batteries, I only realised this a couple of nights ago, so the traditional split charging system I bought was sent back unopened to seller. yesterday.

So my alternatives are a DC to DC set up at a cost circa ?300 plus battery plus whatever else, this has a drawback in as much as the leisure battery hoovers power from the main battery and is controlled by a chip... or simply buy a decent leisure battery and (at present) forget about this ?300 package. The battery will only run a short stip of LEDs, phone charger and possibly a tyre inflator.

I can easily bench charge it and/or leave it on my optimate.. hooking everything up from this will be piss easy, I will at a later date fit a DC/DC system, the ?300 can be better spent. I will only require minimal power for a day or so.. a decent battery will provide that easily..

Hi Stuart, Tayna are usually competitive for batteries. I got a decent deal on a Bosch for the car a few weeks ago. Not had experience with Leisure Batteries. I guess the Ah is more important than the cold cranking amps for them.
Tayna own brand 'Enduroline' and 'Powerline' are very good value.

https://www.tayna.co.uk/leisure-batteries/

Exactly what I'm looking for Rob, away to browse right now...

Looks like I will need to buy a Gel, Lithium or AGM as I can lay them on their sides, lowest height is 190 mil and I've got 180 mil max or 170 mil is better, so if I buy a sealed battery as mentioned then I can turn on it's side, the width then becomes the height... plenty choice but more expensive....

Back