44 teeth - how to wash your bike... on long term gen 4 demo

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seriously why one needs to watch youtube to figure out how to wash the bike.

I usually follow auto finesse... lots of good guides on their web. And I rate their products too.
specific cloths for specific areas of the bike.

Reading the comments on the 44Teeth, sounds like they had dubious process from wheels to bodywork. Nothing that cleans the bodywork should be used on the frame/engine/wheels...

If you want to see cleaning freaks, Larry of Ammo NYC is a good one to watch - https://www.youtube.com/user/AMMONYCdotcom
Not many bikes sadly.

Have you see the barns with about 200 cars in it? Should keep him busy for a while.

Another good one on youtube who puts the detail into detailing is WhiteDetails - cars only but a good watch to see the minutiae they go to.

I did watch that last night and to be honest I was cringing at some of the things the guy was doing. It confirms for me the reason I ask dealers not to wash my cars or bikes when they go in for service. But hey, we're all different and anal about different things. Even that acid, although good for the exhaust, I was more concerned about any overspray on the plastics and fairings and any damage it would cause.

Being honest besides the acid part I don't think he was far off. I'd wonder about overspray. And acid leaves a dull finish. I'd use cloth and autosol

Iv years of powerwash, spray cleaner stuff. Powerwash. Big bucket with good car shampoo same cloth work from top down. Wheels last.

If I'm feeling fruity wax it after.

Iv never had a elec issue over powerwashing. And iv never had any noticeable scratches or dullness in the paint cleaning the way j do

Last edited:
The video was only to promote their sponsors WD40. As a keen detailer the process was so wrong. Spraying acid on the exhaust is no different to Harpic which has been discussed on the forum in the past.

Back