Akrapovic headers advice

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam76

Reaction score
I?m looking to purchase Akrapovic titanium racing headers (E-B10E8) do I need to re-map my bike or will the ecu auto correct, I don?t really want to re-map and chance voiding warranty?s due to the problems I had with my first m-sport bike

I haven?t had mine remapped, the dealer fitted the headers for me. The bike runs fine although it might benefit from a remap.

I haven?t had mine remapped, the dealer fitted the headers for me. The bike runs fine although it might benefit from a remap.
How long you had your headers on for, have you had any EML?s on

Last edited:
Does anyone know the torque setting for this bolt behind the headers, Akrapovic instructions doesn?t say
9aa413b1a940309f5e8817c318931a73.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mine is running fine after 600 miles and a couple of track days. No issues at all and the fuelling / throttle all seem fine to me. No EMLs

f1a469a3feceb5894fbcf57399f1e0e7.jpg

Thanks for the info. I?ve literally just finished fitting mine on any tips on cleaning it before first start up.

Brake cleaner is best, or WD40 if you don't have brake cleaner.

Be prepared, it is very loud with that short can, I have just sold my short can, as it's painfully loud with the full system

Brake cleaner is best, or WD40 if you don't have brake cleaner.

Be prepared, it is very loud with that short can, I have just sold my short can, as it's painfully loud with the full system

It cant be that bad I?ll find out Saturday when I do the first start up then have a ride up to Ace Cafe!!
Used wd40 to clean it do I need to worry about residue or will it burn off with no staining

@sam76 if that?s to loud for you, I?d be interested in the end can mate.

I?ll keep that in mind but I recon I?ll like it

Back