White Fluid Seeping from my Back Wheel

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AJM

Reaction score
[h=2]Re: How do I post photos[/h]

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by AJM
Hi I've an issue with my k67 back wheel seeping white/cream fluid , I don't know how to post photographs from my mac. It want's a ULR when i press the insert image Button, any idea how I get the photo up?

Regards

I got an unplug-able puncture also this evening 30miles from home

AjMc

Hi Marc, Thank you for your attention, I really appreciate it. I thought I replied yesterday but It doesn't seem like It sent to you.

If you send me your email address i'll send photos to you. I did manage to get photos up on the American Website have a look.

https://www.s1000rrforum.com/threads.../#post-2374043

Update Tyres being fitted Tuesday afternoon.

Regards
Alan

PS Can you tag people in your posts?​

looks like you've something very acidic (looking at your swingarm,thats a real mess!!),which is what wheel cleaner tends to be,resin finish on the carbon wheels looks like it's been cleaned with a scourer

looks like you've something very acidic (looking at your swingarm,thats a real mess!!),which is what wheel cleaner tends to be,resin finish on the carbon wheels looks like it's been cleaned with a scourer

In reality it?s actually not too bad and the flash from the Camara it making it look like a mess, I think this is break dust. I just wiped swing arm with damp cloth and dryer and it?s ok, the claliper is kind of graphic Matt and the flash is making it look like a mess. I?ll post pic just now after quick wipe on the us site cus I can?t post pictures on this uk site.

i only ever use a micro fibre hand mitten to rub cleaner around the wheel.

post 19 on us sure ha Sudafed picture is break dust cleaned off,

https://www.s1000rrforum.com/threads/cream-white-fluid-seeping-from-back-wheel.243980/

regards

ajm

looks like you've something very acidic (looking at your swingarm,thats a real mess!!),which is what wheel cleaner tends to be,resin finish on the carbon wheels looks like it's been cleaned with a scourer[/
In reality it?s actually not too bad and the flash from the Camara it making it look like a mess, I think this is break dust. I just wiped swing arm with damp cloth and dryer and it?s ok, the claliper is kind of graphic Matt and the flash is making it look like a mess. I?ll post pic just now after quick wipe on the us site cus I can?t post pictures on this uk site.

i only ever use a micro fibre hand mitten to rub cleaner around the wheel.

post 11 on us site has an added photo now with break dust wiped a little clean off calliper and swing arm

https://www.s1000rrforum.com/threads/cream-white-fluid-seeping-from-back-wheel.243980/

regards

ajm

Post 11 actually on US website has cleaner calliper and swing arm

+1, that's quite a strong wheel cleaner as I use the product on my cars. But you're supposed to rinse the wheels with water first, spray the product and then let it sit on the wheels for a minute or two to burn off the brake dust and penetrate the dirt and then rinse off with water followed by washing and drying the wheels as normal with shampoo/mitt/drying towel etc..

OP, in your post, you implied that you sprayed on and then wiped off with a paper towel, that's a complete no no because without washing wheels properly, you've probably left the chemical on the wheels and other places which has caused that white creamy/powder effect.

Also, unless your wheels are already spotlessly clean, wiping them with a paper towel is not a good idea as all you're doing is scratching the surface of your wheels by rubbing dirt into your clear coat/lacquer which make fine scratches and swirl marks. Best policy is to clean your wheels properly as I explained above and then use a microfibre cloth/drying towel to dry them off. Hope that helps.

Last edited:
+1, that's quite a strong wheel cleaner as I use the product on my cars. But you're supposed to rinse the wheels with water first, spray the product and then let it sit on the wheels for a minute or two to burn off the brake dust and penetrate the dirt and then rinse off with water followed by washing and drying the wheels as normal with shampoo/mitt/drying towel etc..

OP, in your post, you implied that you sprayed on and then wiped off with a paper towel, that's a complete no no because without washing wheels properly, you've probably left the chemical on the wheels and other places which has caused that white creamy/powder effect.

Also, unless your wheels are already spotlessly clean, wiping them with a paper towel is not a good idea as all you're doing is scratching the surface of your wheels by rubbing dirt into your clear coat/lacquer which make fine scratches and swirl marks. Best policy is to clean your wheels properly as I explained above and then use a microfibre cloth/drying towel to dry them off. Hope that helps.

Thank you for your helpful reply, that day I did use a paper towel to wipe the wheel and it was a very small amount of this product I used. It was more of a light clean than a deep clean where I would absolutely rinse with water. I done this in the past on all my bikes without any adverse reactions.

But this is all very helpful information to identify what's happening.

I won't have the bike mobile until Tuesday evening when Im going to do exactly the same ride route if the conditions are dry again.

Again thank you for taking the time to reply

Regards

Regarding cleaning my bikes, first is a hose down with cold water to wash any lose particles.
Then a proper hot soapy wash with a proper detergent for bikes. Then rinse. Then i would clean the wheels (carbon fibre)with a very soft cloth. I certainly would not wiping wheels with any paper towel without taking loose particles off first and certainly not wiping when dry. Grinding paste springs to mind.

Hello,
I had my New Tyres fitted yesterday thank god and I tagged along for the fitting to inspect the wheels myself. I Gave them a warm soapy cleaning in the shop and they are still without surface imperfections as I would expect.

also no cracks detected inside or outside.

After discussions with the technician and from valued experienced information on this forum the conclusion is that the white seeping was the cream compound that BMW used to bind the break rotar mounts with the carbon wheels reacting with the wheel cleaner I used which may not have been completely flushed/removed from the binding area.

Visually the compound is still completely in place and on physical inspection the compound hasn?t broken down or is soft/sponge in any place.

I hope this brings the issue to a conclusion

thanks again everyone for your input I really appreciate it.

Back