Leaking forks

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocky83

Reaction score
Anyone had issues with leaking fork seals. Just completed my running in miles and noticed oil on the stancions. Left worse than right. Seems like all the other common issues I've escaped but this has really pi@#d me off?

+1, if it?s a small ish amount it?s just the factory applied grease for the dust seals.
This happened on the Gen 3 bikes too.

Mine is still doing it after 3k miles, assembly grease is usually worn off within the running in period

Right hand does look like grease. Left hand is definitely oil. It accumulates then drips down the stantion. Grease wouldnt do that.

I?ve only done 550 miles on mine but I think it?s stopped now. Initially I was certain the seals had failed but it appears not. Didn?t notice this on either my previous Gen 3 or 2 though.

Agreed, I?m approaching 1000 miles now and mine is doing it. I agree that I never saw this much build up on my previous bikes and is making me think these Marzocchi shocks are shit?

Grease getting hot enough to melt isn't a fault.

- Alex

Does this look ok to you then? Just after I got back from a ride today.

F1551083-BABF-4-E82-96-BA-B03-B1-AE52016.jpg

Leaking Forks

That looks absolutely fine and I certainly wouldn?t be worried about it. You would soon know if a seal had gone as you would see significantly more fluid on the fork leg.

Back