Scorpion can

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dox

Reaction score
I bought an Akra can from Ocean - it was a clearance sale so got a good deal on it. When it arrived it was for an S1000R...sent it back and they said they'd get a replacement and send it on.

After a couple of weeks they refunded my money instead of getting a replacement (I guess the replacement would've cost them more than I'd paid...if they had been my business we'd have got the replacement whether we lost on it or not).

Anyway, I decided to try the Scorpion - looks better than the Akra and was cheaper. They have been shut down for a while due to you-know-what, and they said the lead time was 2-3 weeks as they were just starting back up.

I ordered, and received it 8 days later - nice one Scorpion, under promise and over deliver! I fitted it the same day after work, and the sound is just what I wanted; not screaming-wanker loud, a nice deepness to it. In fact on a db moniter I'd guess it's barely any louder, just nicer. And I think it looks spot on.

can 2.jpgcan 3.jpg

Nice bike.. best colour scheme as well.....exactly same as mine

Good cans Scorpion, I used to have an underseat one on my CBR1000RR-6 Fireblade.

the most crappy can ever produced by humans

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

I never dropped it, never had any damage on it. It just blew up towards end of Snetterton session.

Jeez, glad I filled out the warranty at the weekend.

New can, take 2: decided after seeing the issue @bmwbadboy had with his, to remove it and fit an Akra...much higher quality, a precision bit of kit.

I think the scorpion suits the bike better, but the Akra is so much better made...can see why they've got such a good rep. Both sound similar...more crackle and pop on the overrun with the Akra, which I like.

IMG_2129 (002).jpgIMG_2132 (002).jpg

Back