Do I Sell

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skel

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Hi guys and gals, need some help.

I?ve been offered a really good deal on a M-Sport Gen 4 but struggling with letting my current bike go. I really love the new bike and do want to purchase but I love the colours of my current bike to.
Please help. [emoji2359]
c511298fa70cf19f1bd998da745fb82d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crikey, tough call [emoji51]
How many miles are on your Gen 3 and are you still thoroughly enjoying riding it?

Last edited:
Yeah tuff one for definite.. [emoji51] mines coming up to 8k now and I still love riding it but it?s my second one and fancy the upgrade. Hmmmm

Lovely bike... euro millions is 110m this Friday... buy a few tickets and keep it!

That looks mint, I've not seen many in that colour. Tough choice, but do what your heart says. Not sure if you have or not, but have a test ride of the Gen 4 before you make your choice, it doesn't seem to be everyones cup of tea at the moment.

That looks mint, I've not seen many in that colour. Tough choice, but do what your heart says. Not sure if you have or not, but have a test ride of the Gen 4 before you make your choice, it doesn't seem to be everyones cup of tea at the moment.

Thanks Schuey. Only 50 in that colour that?s why you?ve seen many.
Yeah think a test ride maybe the way forward.

Yeah tuff one for definite.. [emoji51] mines coming up to 8k now and I still love riding it but it?s my second one and fancy the upgrade. Hmmmm

Definitely test ride a Gen 4, but given the mileage and the fact you?re still enjoying the Gen 3, I would keep it for now and consider trading it in a couple years when a Gen 5 may well be available.
Your Gen 3 does look very good [emoji41]

Last edited:
Respray the Gen 4 :p
TBH I think it entirely depends on your usage and what trade in you get for the Gen3...and your desire for a new bike.

If it's the paint scheme you love on your gen 3 then just order a sport with performance pack (forged wheels), cheaper than the m, then have it painted in the same colours or even replicate as a one off onto the gen 4. Just a thought.

Back