Fitting Brembo RCS17 + fluid

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edd1e

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Planning on fitting a RCS17 master cylinder for the standard Hayes callipers whilst i'm putting my new clip-ons on.

I'm fairly competent with the tools but have not fitted a master cylinder before. What the rough procedure and what bleeding process works best. I plan on buying a speed bleeder kit.

Seeing as the bike is very new still i'm planning on just topping up with the genuine BMW brake fluid instead of flushing the lot. Is it part number 83132405975 (DOT4 Low Viscosity Brake Fluid) ?

Thanks in advance.

Take the liquid out from reservoir and front lines. Plug banjo bolts with piece of paper. Change MC, connect the lines, add liquid into reservoir and use vacuum pump (or manual pump) to pump liquid into MC. After that just bleed MC, left caliper, right caliper until no air bubbles.

It would be good if you had access to GS911 to cycle ABS pump. But alternatively, you can leave a zip tie on brake lever overnight and bleed air out next morning.

Also, it always helps with Brembo to gently knock with a spanner on MC, to steer the air out.

Last edited:
What people also do to bleed ABS pump, put the bike into rain mode and try hard braking to force engagement of abs. I haven't tried it myself.

how do yo do that whilst your riding the bike?

ahh ok,from a purely common sense approach (not knowing 100% how the abs system works),can't see how that could possibly work,and can definatley see it ending in tears :)

your original method was better ;) thats excatly how i tell people :cool:

What people also do to bleed ABS pump, put the bike into rain mode and try hard braking to force engagement of abs. I haven't tried it myself.

Can confirm this works. Rain just allows for easier activation of the ABS when braking. Just find a quiet bit of road, ride up to 30 odd and brake fairly hard. (You will hear the pump quick in) Do it for both front and rear brakes. Do it a few times, come home and bleed the MC.

Back