Exhaust servo

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve

Reaction score
Hi, any info please, I?ve got the akra stubby exhaust on my 2020, but it still sounds fairly tame, was going to fit matching headers but I?ve been told it needs setting up or will run too lean and cause damage which I don?t realy want to do, sooo has anyOne removed the servo cables so the butterfly stays open, just want it to have a bit more bottom end growl instead of sounding semi electric, would the servo being open permanently cause it to run too lean at bottom end? Any info would be great thanks

Cheers mate, might give one of those a try, is the exhaust servo there purely to quiet it down at low rpm or is it to provide back pressure at certain rev ranges, I?m just worried it may run rough or something else when removed

Pretty much, yes, they are just for low rpm noise reduction. Yamaha used to claim better low rpm performance, but there?s a reason why companies like Akrapovic choose not to retain the servos in the sportbike full systems, as they don?t offer a performance improvement. Interestingly, they do in the latest GS systems.

In terms of affecting your idle, or low rpm ride ability, I would be amazed if the servo makes any tangible difference, so long as you retain the stock headers. If you add the Akrapovic headers and go to a full system, you will have a lumpy idle, which is just a feature of unbaffled full systems in my experience.

Can you not just turn the spring round and jam the flap open and leave the cables fitted? Thats what I used to do in my R1's, nt looked at my gen 4 yet

I?ve done this and as long as you use the Healtech plug it?s fine. It?s a really easy job to remove the cables all together. Only thing I will say is with start up it?s bloody noisy until it settles..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could you just remove the cables at one end ? and leave the servo plugged in ? I did this on my mt10 and worked fine ,, I?d like to do it on mine as well as it?s not very loud with the Akra gp can

Oh right ,, I just though if you just remove the cables but leave the servo plugged in the servo would still move and think it is operating as it should.

Back