Luimoto seat cover

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nige-K

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
I had a day out on the bike last Thursday, when the UK weather remembered it was summertime.
Given the heat, it was a jeans day. To cut a long story short 7 hours in the saddle made for a great day out - but left the buns sore.

I?ve taken the plunge to change the seat cover, along with a gel insert. I?ll let you know how it turns out(hopefully good!) but thought I?d share a photo of what it looks like.

cbd5f89b84997b7e90bca9bef8eec54d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you going to do the seat cover yourself as I am tempted to get one?

Mick

Are you going to do the seat cover yourself as I am tempted to get one?

Mick

I toyed with doing it myself, but am going to take it to an upholstery company instead. By the time you?ve got the right staple gun and staples you?ll have paid for a professional to do it.
the gel insert requires some cutting of the seat, so I?d rather someone else do that.

I?ll let you know how it goes.

i was going to do the gel insert until i read the seat gets really hot if left in the sun and it dosnt cool for ages either. im now on the 10mm lower seat and used to it. probably more comfortable than my gen 3 oe seat.

i was going to do the gel insert until i read the seat gets really hot if left in the sun and it dosnt cool for ages either. im now on the 10mm lower seat and used to it. probably more comfortable than my gen 3 oe seat.

Thinking about it though, for those 5 days a year that we get hot weather in the UK I?m prepared to take the risk of having a fried RRse. For the rest of the year I need to do something to soften up the seat, to avoid a battered RRse.
Whatever works for everyone is the way to go. I just hope I?m making a good choice for me.

how bad are you feeling it. i can do 200 miles with a few stops and dont notice it being hard. i think the shape is better than the gen 3 so although hard its quite comfortable.

how bad are you feeling it. i can do 200 miles with a few stops and dont notice it being hard. i think the shape is better than the gen 3 so although hard its quite comfortable.
I did 280 miles on Thursday and my RRse was dead. I?ve got a trip to the Picos and Portugal booked for mid October and thought of riding on that rock for a week has made me think I need another plan. It was either do a J.Lo booty programme or mod the seat. The seat took one for the team.

Last edited:
I did 280 miles on Thursday and my RRse was dead. I?ve got a trip to the Picos and Portugal booked for mid October and thought of riding on that rock for a week has made me think I need another plan. It was either do a J.Lo booty programme or mod the seat. The seat took one for the team.

J-Lo bum is an option, but then you might want to go for the upgraded Kim Kardashian bum for extra cushioning. On second thoughts, the S1000RR might get lost completely up a Kim bum!

I have a set of cheeks like John Wayne saddle bags so my comfort is a priority.

There is a Gen 4 standard seat for sale in the Items for sale section - I can vouch for the standard seat comfort (I have one). Its as good if not better than my Gen 3 seat.

Back