Donington 98dB OK with Akra stubby?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HertsTif

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
I'm thinking about joining some mates on a track day at Donington. It's a 98dB drive by limit that day. I'm far more familiar with static tests at places like Snetterton and Silverstone so I'm not sure how that translates.

Do you think my Gen 4, with Akra stubby slip-on (still got cats and stock headers) would pass? Or do I need to be putting the stock can on for that day? According to the Akra site, it's only 2.6dB louder than stock at 6750 rpm. I'd hate to be turned away so I'm leaning towards putting stock on just in case, but thought I'd ask here as I'm sure some of you have had your Gen 4s round Donny so might be able to advise me.

I'm thinking about joining some mates on a track day at Donington. It's a 98dB drive by limit that day. I'm far more familiar with static tests at places like Snetterton and Silverstone so I'm not sure how that translates.

Do you think my Gen 4, with Akra stubby slip-on (still got cats and stock headers) would pass? Or do I need to be putting the stock can on for that day? According to the Akra site, it's only 2.6dB louder than stock at 6750 rpm. I'd hate to be turned away so I'm leaning towards putting stock on just in case, but thought I'd ask here as I'm sure some of you have had your Gen 4s round Donny so might be able to advise me.

From the MSV site:

Please pay special attention to the noise limit. The standard 98db 'drive-by' limit operates throughout the day. This is not comparable to the 92db limits at other venues. Standard exhausts recommended or baffled aftermarket exhausts.

It's my understanding that 98db days are classed as "quiet days" hence the lower numbers per group and cost.

From the MSV site:

Please pay special attention to the noise limit. The standard 98db 'drive-by' limit operates throughout the day. This is not comparable to the 92db limits at other venues. Standard exhausts recommended or baffled aftermarket exhausts.

It's my understanding that 98db days are classed as "quiet days" hence the lower numbers per group and cost.

That's the quote I read, and that's the one that scared me and made me start this thread!

Never had an issue with mine. It's a decat Gen3 with the baffle in. Way louder than yours.

Back