Gen 4 M-Sport

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Compression is higher on track because you will be braking harder and asking more of the front.

+ Compression resists oil travel through the damper to control dive.
- Compression allows oil flow to dive through the stroke

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Compression is higher on track because you will be braking harder and asking more of the front.

+ Compression resists oil travel through the damper to control dive.
- Compression allows oil flow to dive through the stroke

Do you know why the fast road fork compression is more than Track? Braking forces are much higher on track than you'd see on the road.

I thought he was saying the opposite

I am trying to work out why the fast road setup had more fork compression than the track setup.

My present dry track setting is 7 fork comp, 6 rear compression and 7 rebound. I weigh 80KG without kit. With kit probably 85 ish.

One of the Silverstone instructors who also works at BMW and races the Gen 4 gave me some pointers on suspension setup. According to the tyre wear he said my settings were too soft and after the changes the rear tyre cleaned up and the bike felt way more stable overall, especially under braking.

I am off to HM racing next month to have more fettling done and proper full setup done. I'll report back what it is like after i get out again on track at the end of the month.

Your kits got to be more than 5 kg Gav... a lid and a pair of boots won't be far off that, never mind gloves, leathers and anything underneath...

I'd up that to 92-95 kg suited and booted..

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Your kits got to be more than 5 kg Gav... a lid and a pair of boots won't be far off that, never mind gloves, leathers and anything underneath...

I'd up that to 92-95 kg suited and booted..

I would say your leathers have to be 6/7kg alone then as stuart says boots, helmet and rest of kit.

Mut

Ok yeah I was probably being a bit conservative there. That or I?ve spent too much time at the gym and I think everything weighs 5kg now haha

Just had this M display and DRL added to my bike.
288382cb80e01aae36afe726dc790e15.jpg

672afb7705f187016b35a4e1dc77e8e6.jpg

ea671c1794b2c83238789e786c9e8aa7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How did you get that added Sam .. is it just via the console ?

As far as I know it?s an aftermarket coding option, it?s there in the bike but BM dealers cannot change it for you, it?s the same coding gear as used on the f series cars. I?m looking into getting the gear to do it myself but it?s quite costly just to turn on drl

Thanks Stephen... hope your run up Scotland was decent and you got sorted out with some clobber...

Stuart

As far as I know it?s an aftermarket coding option, it?s there in the bike but BM dealers cannot change it for you, it?s the same coding gear as used on the f series cars. I?m looking into getting the gear to do it myself but it?s quite costly just to turn on drl
It's bonkers that bm dealers can't do it for you. You'd think they'd be able to do anything.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

I'd tak
672afb7705f187016b35a4e1dc77e8e6.jpg
e that keyring off if it was mine, they flap around and scratch where they touch ?
I tuck it into the hole below the key on the top yoke and it stays without any movement at all so I don?t need to worry about it scratching

Last edited:
Back