2017 Gen3 - Fuel Range showing 106 miles when full

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M12NTE

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all

As the title says, when the tank is full the range to empty is not going any higher than 106 miles, when it always says 155 miles.

Was on a No Limits track day at Snetterton on Sunday, and rode the bike yesterday the first time since Sunday.

Friend said would be be linked to average fuel consumption, with the fuel consumption on track being a lot greater than on the road. I guess this would be true, however would the bike have relearnt/adapted back to road based consumption on yesterdays ride?

This there a way of resetting consumption? Or am i barking up the wrong tree?

Welcome your thoughts.

Many thanks

Mark

Yes you can reset the AVG MPG whilst it's displayed just hold the Trip till it resets. Same with AVG SPD.

However, also check your float in the tank is moving correctly.

Mine, like yours M12 starts off at 155 and moves progressively south at a rate of knots when the red fuel warning light comes on with 40 to go.

Thanks Alex. I?ll give that a go first. Hopefully that will sort it.

If not, I?ll move on to the tank float.

@Rednine - yes, doesn?t it just!

mine only has the miles to go on reserve, which seems reasonably acurate, filled up with 7 miles left and it took just under 17 litres, so pretty good, also managed 165 miles on that 17 litres! normally the light comes on between 100 and 120 miles (i think it was 127 this time) and shows high 30s range to go. obviously track use will slaughter that, but reckon on 150 miles per tank on normal (not motorway) riding, would usually stop every couple of hours for fuel and bum rest anyway! (100ish miles)

Back