My new (Used) Gen 4

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you may be able to sell/swap name for someone... if you are on facebook, there are tract days adicts pages and I always see people selling their slots.

Not on Facebook mate, never have been. But if anyone here fancies it, then drop me a PM.

Last edited:
I think FE also did a wet weather insurance where you paid a fee (at time of booking) so you could cancel and get like a 60% refund.
Don't know if they still do it.

Hmm it looks like it doesnt matter either way. Doesn't cover for weekends according to their site. I am going to make a call later to see what to do. I don't mind the odd wet session but all day is grim.
How is it going at Donny?

It?s going well from my sofa haha. Looks like I?ve got sciatica so I called it last night after my John Wayne walked wouldn?t shift. Bit gutting as I?ve never had any luck getting to Donny.

How is it going at Donny?

Heavy rain around mine and seems to be the same around Donny, so decided to leave it sadly :(

Just finished eating some pancakes with Nutella that my wife made, so I do feel slightly happier!

It?s going well from my sofa haha. Looks like I?ve got sciatica so I called it last night after my John Wayne walked wouldn?t shift. Bit gutting as I?ve never had any luck getting to Donny.

Must be the donny curse!

I went to a bmw day at donny a couple of years ago and my back had gone the day before. Beers and curry the night before helped but on the day the hospitality staff kept giving me big bags of ice to put down my leathers. Kept me going for the day but I did look like the hunchback of notredame in the paddock lol.

If you are really bored I found the thread from back then:

https://s1000rrforum.co.uk/showthre...-Donington-park-2016/page6&highlight=trackday

Last edited:
Must be the donny curse!

I went to a bmw day at donny a couple of years ago and my back had gone the day before. Beers and curry the night before helped but on the day the hospitality staff kept giving me big bags of ice to put down my leathers. Kept me going for the day but I did look like the hunchback of notredame in the paddock lol.

If you are really bored I found the thread from back then:

https://s1000rrforum.co.uk/showthre...-Donington-park-2016/page6&highlight=trackday

Haha the Donny curse, not the first time i have heard that.

And on about curses. Gen 4 owners and neutral issue. How did you guys get yours resolved? I spoke to the dealer yesterday and they told me BMW's stance on this. Apparently they believe it gets better with mileage and 5k isn't run in yet. Which i laughed at. I asked what is their recommended running in time. Dealer said they do not give one. To be fair the dealer is on my side regarding this but said they have to give me this BS prior to going further. Anyway at the moment i am not going to do anything until i do my TDs this month. Then i will look at seeing if i can get it in August.

Anyone else been told similar or had their issue resolved fairly quickly?

Have to say mine was shocking and at the ris I enquired about it and was told the same. But after doing a track day, well 4 in a row it has improved enough im not going to pursue it.

Have to say mine was shocking and at the ris I enquired about it and was told the same. But after doing a track day, well 4 in a row it has improved enough im not going to pursue it.

Glad to hear it improved, i have two track days this month so hopefully i will see an improvement. I am fortunate the bike is my toy and not my main mode of transport otherwise it would drive me up the wall.

Back