PZ Racing GPS Lap Timer

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi. Got a 2015 S1000RR. Wondering if anyone can help with this. It?s all installed and the blue led is flashing to show it has signal. I just don?t understand how to get it to start and display the laps on the dash. Iv pressed the button on the road to set a fixed point and gone round the block and nothing. Do I have to set the bike to manual/auto/external in the race setup? Is it activated by pulling the light flasher? Literally not a clue here! The instructions basically only tell you where to plug it in! Got Donny on Sunday would be nice to have it working. Any help appreciated, thanks guys

It should start by itself.

They normally work every other Tuesday but only if it's sunny and the temperature is over 16 degrees but under 18 ....................I've got one and wished I hadn't bothered.

Some day's it works fine, other's it doesn't........I even had a lead made to mount it on the tail piece in an attempt to improve the GPS signal.

Oh fantastic....well it?s gonna be 20 degrees and sunny so looks like I?m out of the operating window! So do I literally just plug it in and press set on the left handlebar and pray it works? Or is there any settings on the bike I need to change? Thanks.

Oh fantastic....well it?s gonna be 20 degrees and sunny so looks like I?m out of the operating window! So do I literally just plug it in and press set on the left handlebar and pray it works? Or is there any settings on the bike I need to change? Thanks.

You need to change something in the dash settings to "external trigger" ............ it's in the handbook, page 126.

Page 103/126 of the Gen3 manual

Screenshot 2020-06-22 at 11.34.23.jpg

In SETUP RACETRACK, theLAPTIMER trigger mode hasto be set to LAPTM TRIGAUTO or LAPTM TRIG EX-TERN ( 126).

Last edited:
Thanks for the help...So plug it in, change it to external trigger and pray it works! It looked like a good bit of kit, but now I?ve looked into it more, it seems people aren?t impressed! I knew I?d get some help on here though. Thanks again!

Thanks for the help...So plug it in, change it to external trigger and pray it works! It looked like a good bit of kit, but now I?ve looked into it more, it seems people aren?t impressed! I knew I?d get some help on here though. Thanks again!

I've had days were it's worked exactly as it should and other's were I'm lucky to get a couple of laps a session. My Racechrono's GPS receiver is in a worse position yet works fine all the time.

That?s brilliant thanks for that info. I?m going to sign up as a premier member now Iv just looked into it and I want to support the forum. Thanks for the help.

heard lots of "sporadic" timings from them,drop GPS frequently.

as for use,change to auto in the trigger settings if it's anything like the 2d GPS unit.

yep,not cheap but are great lap timer,i love seeing the green light for a whole lap :)

I was thinking of getting the GP timer for mine or maybe an Aim Solo, not sure now [emoji2373]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I was thinking of getting the GP timer for mine or maybe an Aim Solo, not sure now [emoji2373]

i might have a 2d gps for sale,i bought it for a mate but he's selling his bike now before we exchanged

i might have a 2d gps for sale,i bought it for a mate but he's selling his bike now before we exchanged
Think it's the price of the 2d stuff that puts me off, already smashed a datalogger up in one of my crashes [emoji849] But as my namesake said if the price is right [emoji1787]

will check with him,to confirm he doesn't it anymore and get back to you.

Aim's are awesome aslo,esp. if your into the analysis side of things.

Back