Performance pack

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have the standard sport and can confirm it has the 3 race pro mode settings to customise ddc, dtc, wheelie control, abs etc, I was also able to access these before the first run in service.

I also have the Sport without the Performance Pack, and have the 3 race pro modes. I'm pretty sure that I was able to access them before my first service, but never saw any point.

What he said - the adjustments are in the race pro modes - which you need to enable in the settings menu.
AFAIK, performance pack only adds forged wheels, lithium battery and adjustable swing arm pivot. The BMW website has on accasion indicated that it includes race pro modes, but they're included in the Sport anyway.

In addition to what you said, the Performance Pack also adds the bigger and thicker brake discs and the Metzeler Racetec RR tyres with the 200 width rear tyre, exactly the same as what you get on the M Sport. To me personally, getting the Performance Pack was a no brainer. My understanding was that with the PP you got the additional customisable modes, just like on the M Sport. But if some of you guys with the standard Sport are saying you can customise as well then I'm a bit confused. However, software aside, I thought the PP was good value for money just for the additional hardware you get!

In addition to what you said, the Performance Pack also adds the bigger and thicker brake discs and the Metzeler Racetec RR tyres with the 200 width rear tyre, exactly the same as what you get on the M Sport. To me personally, getting the Performance Pack was a no brainer. My understanding was that with the PP you got the additional customisable modes, just like on the M Sport. But if some of you guys with the standard Sport are saying you can customise as well then I'm a bit confused. However, software aside, I thought the PP was good value for money just for the additional hardware you get!
First time I hear about the discs. They are always 5.5mm.

Do you have a link to this info?

Brake Discs

It?s no different to previous model years. If you have the forged or carbon fibre wheels the brake discs that come supplied are different to those fitted on the standard cast wheels.

If you look on page 1 of the other Performance Pack thread, the screen shot Alex has posted explains it. It's also on the BMW configurator. Looking at bikes at the dealership side by side, comparing a standard Sport to a Sport with PP/M Sport and the discs are noticeably different in design as well.

A0-AE9665-8760-4-ABB-A09-A-0-C7-BE7-CFCCC7.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Brake Discs

It?s no different to previous model years. If you have the forged or carbon fibre wheels the brake discs that come supplied are different to those fitted on the standard cast wheels.
Interesting, didn't know that

88886c0759cae5f2a8fc3ee4f60f06e7.jpg

9dd298c9a733124019e9a843d6dfc295.jpg

I noticed the difference in discs when I had the courtesy bike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow I have found this option myself now this morning. So now does this mean I can customise each setting and then simply run it in that mode whilst riding?

I have a sport and definitely have the race pro mode . i may be mistaken about it not being enabled before first service , I ran mine in over the Xmas holiday , so wasnt bothered about RACE mode normal or PRO, so never tried them before first service, plus it seemed a bit pointless as it was limited.
Masho
If you go to SETTINGS in the menu , you should be able to turn it on , I would post some photographs to help you , but mine is at Pidcocks having some warranty work done.
Thanks for that Kev I was on afternoons yesterday so will crack on and look through the screen see if I can unlock the pro modes which is a relief for me.The performance pack I am not that bothered about I understand people saying it's good value for money but my bike is always going to be better than me as it is.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

but my bike is always going to be better than me as it is.

I think that applies to many of us, certainly does to me. What counts most is mate, is that you're happy with your bike PP or not. Enjoy!

Wow I have found this option myself now this morning. So now does this mean I can customise each setting and then simply run it in that mode whilst riding?

You can however when you are in the Pro modes you do not get the media on the dash, your music will not play or anything.

I have a sport and definitely have the race pro mode . i may be mistaken about it not being enabled before first service , I ran mine in over the Xmas holiday , so wasnt bothered about RACE mode normal or PRO, so never tried them before first service, plus it seemed a bit pointless as it was limited.
Masho
If you go to SETTINGS in the menu , you should be able to turn it on , I would post some photographs to help you , but mine is at Pidcocks having some warranty work done.
Hi Kev these are what's showing when I go into settings that you advised but when I try the dtc button to alter it all I get is unable to adjust incorrect riding mode.Any feedback welcome.
baa0e6f9ad5b401f24bf13c44215ef23.jpg
16a210ae34ac20004a6e16a0ad3c75d5.jpg
c802f2b8e651644142b0276a596020cb.jpg

I have the standard sport and can confirm it has the 3 race pro mode settings to customise ddc, dtc, wheelie control, abs etc, I was also able to access these before the first run in service.
Could you take pics of what screen you accessed to help me out a little I've got into settings but can't seem to enable the pro modes.

Back