Performance pack

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masho46

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Guys need a bit of help understanding the different variables on offer.I have the sport without performance pack does this mean I can't alter ddc or dtc especially the dtc as I would like to be pulling a wheelie or two when run in the gen3 seemed alot easier to navigate but then when you bought the rr you had the whole package unlike all the options now.

Performance Pack

Your probably best off just sitting on the bike with the Owner?s Manual and working through the various menu options. You will soon know what you are able to adjust (DDC, DTC etc), and to what level, based on what you are seeing displayed on the dash.

Re: Performance Pack

Your probably best off just sitting on the bike with the Owner?s Manual and working through the various menu options. You will soon know what you are able to adjust (DDC, DTC etc), and to what level, based on what you are seeing displayed on the dash.
Think I've found the answer done what you suggested put it in all the modes and tried adjusting the dtc and it won't let me which I find amazing on a bike with this technology the dtc is a totally redundant button.Not sure if the performance pack can be added or you need to buy the bike with it on.The dealer reckons most rr sports are sold without the pack not sure I believe him though.

Does the non-PP version not have adjustable wheelie control? It's a specific setting on the Gen4 I thought?

I've just had a good read of the manual and find it amazing that the sport without the performance pack does not let you alter the dtc in any way.Paying 16 grand for a bike and they want 1200 more to have the adjustability that the gen 3 had is a bit of a rip off, I guess I didn't do my research as much as I should have.

I've just had a good read of the manual and find it amazing that the sport without the performance pack does not let you alter the dtc in any way.Paying 16 grand for a bike and they want 1200 more to have the adjustability that the gen 3 had is a bit of a rip off, I guess I didn't do my research as much as I should have.

Unfortunately you are correct about research as its clear on the Motorrad website what each option provides specification wise...

I'll have to live with it for now I've asked the dealer if its something they can add at a later date he's looking into it for me.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Re: Performance Pack

What's throwing me here is I've just double checked on the motorrad site and the rr sport has wheelie control what it doesn't say is you need a performance pack to access this which is why I wouldn't say made a mistake because I still love it but why I thought it was all included.

Wheelie control is set to different parameters depending on which mode you are in, so it is adjustable to an extent but not customisable. Only in the race pro settings can you adjust the wheelie control and dtc.

I don't believe the dealer is being honest about most bikes being sold without the performance pack, exact opposite I would have thought.

Wheelie control is set to different parameters depending on which mode you are in, so it is adjustable to an extent but not customisable. Only in the race pro settings can you adjust the wheelie control and dtc.

I don't believe the dealer is being honest about most bikes being sold without the performance pack, exact opposite I would have thought.

Don't you get forged wheels as well for the ?1200? Like you, I'd have thought the PP would be very popular...............

Hi Masho

If you bought the SPORT , it will come with electronic suspension , and RACE MODES pro , but you have have to go into the menu to turn it on to race modes pro. DTC and Wheelie control are adjustable in the 3 race modes pro , otherwise you will just be able to use the 4 standard modes RAIN / ROAD / SPORT / RACE . there is no electronic adjustability in the stadard RACE mode , only the PRO.
The performance pack is a factory option , with the forged wheels etc. the forged wheels are a matt finish and have the M-SPORT logo etched onto them.

That's better news for me kev I will ask the question when the dealer is open tomorrow especially the bit about not being able to access it until first service.

I'm lost, didn't think you had the pp pack in which case you won't have the 3 race pro modes.
I have the M but and had access to the pro modes before first service.

Hi Masho

If you bought the SPORT , it will come with electronic suspension , and RACE MODES pro , but you have have to go into the menu to turn it on to race modes pro. DTC and Wheelie control are adjustable in the 3 race modes pro , otherwise you will just be able to use the 4 standard modes RAIN / ROAD / SPORT / RACE . there is no electronic adjustability in the stadard RACE mode , only the PRO.
The performance pack is a factory option , with the forged wheels etc. the forged wheels are a matt finish and have the M-SPORT logo etched onto them.

What he said - the adjustments are in the race pro modes - which you need to enable in the settings menu.
AFAIK, performance pack only adds forged wheels, lithium battery and adjustable swing arm pivot. The BMW website has on accasion indicated that it includes race pro modes, but they're included in the Sport anyway.

That's better news for me kev I will ask the question when the dealer is open tomorrow especially the bit about not being able to access it until first service.

What he said - the adjustments are in the race pro modes - which you need to enable in the settings menu.
AFAIK, performance pack only adds forged wheels, lithium battery and adjustable swing arm pivot. The BMW website has on accasion indicated that it includes race pro modes, but they're included in the Sport anyway.
Thats news to me then and not clear on their site. A sport owner will clarify.
But as said I had access before service.

I'm lost, didn't think you had the pp pack in which case you won't have the 3 race pro modes.
I have the M but and had access to the pro modes before first service.
I'm starting to get lost now if any sports owners can clarify this it would be a big help in clearing the confusion up.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I have a sport and definitely have the race pro mode . i may be mistaken about it not being enabled before first service , I ran mine in over the Xmas holiday , so wasnt bothered about RACE mode normal or PRO, so never tried them before first service, plus it seemed a bit pointless as it was limited.
Masho
If you go to SETTINGS in the menu , you should be able to turn it on , I would post some photographs to help you , but mine is at Pidcocks having some warranty work done.

Back