Superleggera V4

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice Tif, never owned a Ducati but I must say it's quite refreshing riding a different type/style of bike :)

Nice Tif, never owned a Ducati but I must say it's quite refreshing riding a different type/style of bike :)

This was big for me. Whilst I'd ridden Ducatis before, I'd never owned one (or any bike not Japanese or German). I'd also never owned something that wasn't a sports bike or hyper-tourer, or something that didn't have 4 cylinders. Massive departure for me. It's such a joyous bike to ride, and that full termi system makes the nicest noise I've ever heard from a bike. Very happy with it and glad I took the plunge (it could so easily have been a disaster!).

This was big for me. Whilst I'd ridden Ducatis before, I'd never owned one (or any bike not Japanese or German). I'd also never owned something that wasn't a sports bike or hyper-tourer, or something that didn't have 4 cylinders. Massive departure for me. It's such a joyous bike to ride, and that full termi system makes the nicest noise I've ever heard from a bike. Very happy with it and glad I took the plunge (it could so easily have been a disaster!).

I can relate to that Tif, like you I've never known anything but Sportbikes, but as you know, this year I bought a Triumph Bonneville and I must say I'm really enjoying that style of riding along with the Cafe Racer look. I seem to get thumbs up everywhere I go and greater appreciation for the bike, people are less intimated to come and talk to me compared to when I'm on a Sportsbike! It's not fast by any means, but the sound, the riding position and the fact I notice more of the scenery now rather than just a blur with the S1000RR!!!

I?m quite sure Audi have plenty of German build quality installed in today?s Ducati?s. Pretty sure most of these bikes will end up in collections and rarely be ridden. Work of art though.

Back