Baz - 16/6/2020

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This has absolutely destroyed me. I can?t even get my head in the right place to even come to terms with it.
He?s the one who convinced me to buy my RR and last time I was with him he took 10 seconds off my best time at Snetterton. I owe him so much. This has left such a hole in me.
Goodnight Barry. You were an absolute star. Rest in peace.
When i had my zx10r he said they were a good bike and he nearly brought one but he said its just the lack of midrange that put him off. He said the s1000rr was a better choice. So i got one too. Unfortunately i couldnt gel with it so i sold it and got the r1.
Much more to my liking and i was looking forward to compare it to his rr at snetterton.
Shame that will never happen now

Baz's funeral is at Breckland Crematorium, Norwich, NR9 4NR. At 2pm on the 10th of July. Soof is sending flowers on behalf of the forum.

Baz was a German Shepherd breeder and loved dogs. If anyone would like to give a charity donation in his name then here's a charity.
https://www.germanshepherdrescue.co.uk/index.php
Their fundraising page.
https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/donation-web/charity?charityId=1004886&stop_mobi=yes

Alternatively the East Anglian Air Ambulance rushed out to him and is always in need of donations to keep doing their vital work.
https://www.eaaa.org.uk/

Thank you.

Thanks Alex, that happens to be my favourite dog breed and I have one too. Donated in Baz's name, RIP Baz.

Baz's funeral is at Breckland Crematorium, Norwich, NR9 4NR. At 2pm on the 10th of July. Soof is sending flowers on behalf of the forum.

Baz was a German Shepherd breeder and loved dogs. If anyone would like to give a charity donation in his name then here's a charity.
https://www.germanshepherdrescue.co.uk/index.php
Their fundraising page.
https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/donation-web/charity?charityId=1004886&stop_mobi=yes

Alternatively the East Anglian Air Ambulance rushed out to him and is always in need of donations to keep doing their vital work.
https://www.eaaa.org.uk/

Thank you.
Pm sent

There is a flower arrangement going to the funeral on behalf of the forum. I have asked the florist to send me a picture of the tribute and I will post it here when they do, as attending in person is an issue due the ongoing covid restrictions.

Regards attending I believe there is a limit of 10 in the chapel and so those that don't go in will be outside. I trust there will be some viewing solution in place (camera/TV).

Went for helping the bike community as a whole...on DD.
397bb01f80d59920249968e4d23bdfb1.jpg

- Alex

Is there any news on funeral service? Its a long way for me to go if i cannot even attend?

Is there any news on funeral service? Its a long way for me to go if i cannot even attend?
I replied to your visitor comment thing in the forum...it's not a DM.

Bins, Tim, Mike and Tim (ex Lind) will be there + myself. 30 inside anyone else will be outside.

Thank you for arranging the flowers on behalf of the Forum. For those that will be in attendance today please pass on my condolences and sincere regret at not being able to get back to the UK to be there.

Whilst we never wanted to see today, Baz was laid to rest with as many smiles as tears. There was about 30 there, who got to hear his good friend speak so eloquently about he and his wife's friendship with Baz. It was both moving and joyful as he eulogised a life well lived. He was a special character, playful and engaging yet determined. There's not many that can become a Formula 4 Champion but in 2005 he did and in style at 55 years young. This just shows what a competitive spirit he was, latterly he was racing the clock only, trying to make his target times as circuits across the UK and Spain. There was never any ego with Baz, but once the visor was down, he was a hard man to beat. I think he feared slowing down far more than speed. Speed was the drug he lived for, his gleaming white, Bell, Formula 4 winning helmet adorned his coffin.

Many of us will miss him, but I for one will ride on with his advice ringing in my ears for years to come. I will be doing my damnedest to be as quick as he was when I get my bus pass. He will forever be an inspiration for me.

May he be racing the angels, and winning, for all time.

baz_1.JPG

baz_2.JPG

The forum flowers on the left, his Bell helmet above and a flower helmet to the right.
baz_3.JPG

baz_4.JPG

I completely failed to mention - Your kind words in THIS thread were read out to the congregation! They were well received by the family and friends, so thank you all for contributing to his memory and the service.

Well done Alex, glad to hear he got such a nice send off. Thanks for updating us all and representing the forum. God bless his soul.

Dear Alex, please forgive my not introducing myself to you yesterday...it has been an emotional time, and I had to fight hard to stop myself from breaking down in tears. (Proper Wooz are'nt I - Baz would have been laughing and taking the "pee-pee"). Heidi andmyself would sincerely like to thank you and all his friends for the kind and true words posted both on this forum and through other media. Thank you to all the bikers and friends there yesterday and all those who could not make it but were thinking of Baz...he would be so proud and humbled to know just how much we all thought of him. The floral tributes were amazing.....and the words posted have given us strength and comfort.
In the fullness of time and after a period of healing we would like to visit Snetterton on one of your bike days to personally thank you all.
Thank you and like Baz ensure you all enjoy your sport.
Heidi & Bernard.

Dear Alex, please forgive my not introducing myself to you yesterday...it has been an emotional time, and I had to fight hard to stop myself from breaking down in tears. (Proper Wooz are'nt I - Baz would have been laughing and taking the "pee-pee"). Heidi andmyself would sincerely like to thank you and all his friends for the kind and true words posted both on this forum and through other media. Thank you to all the bikers and friends there yesterday and all those who could not make it but were thinking of Baz...he would be so proud and humbled to know just how much we all thought of him. The floral tributes were amazing.....and the words posted have given us strength and comfort.
In the fullness of time and after a period of healing we would like to visit Snetterton on one of your bike days to personally thank you all.
Thank you and like Baz ensure you all enjoy your sport.
Heidi & Bernard.
Hi Bernard,

I was the chap that thanked you for your words where the flowers were presented later. Sat in front during the service :)

You're more than welcome to join us, when the restrictions are lifted and we can have more people in the pits.

Best wishes to you and Heidi. I hope 'Baz's bush' thrives for many years!

- Alex

Back