Baz - 16/6/2020

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex

Forum Moderator
Admin
Reaction score
It's with regret that I inform you all that, Baz, has reportedly succumbed to injuries in a crash today at Snetterton.

Details need not be shared. And please be assured I have done as many checks as possible before posting this.

Baz, was the 'old man' making all of us younger guys and girls look slow :) a successful club racer on 4 wheels he came to bikes late. He was a widower, determined to have fun, living in Norfolk, almost next door to Snetterton, he was as kind as he was quick. He has been a friend to many of us on the forum. I've had the pleasure of his company on Spanish trips and he also helped me with fitting a rear shock to my old 2012 RR. He's always given his honest advice and helped lots of members in the past. I know I'm not alone in feeling the loss right now.

Whilst I am saddened by the loss I don't think he'd have it any other way and that's the only sliver of solace I have right now.

Happier times, centre in the white, black and blue RST's. This was a Snetterton day where we had a club garage.
baz.jpg

Following me to try and help me
Screenshot 2020-06-16 at 16.36.48.jpg

4784e4d235c3ae16d637134541e3e710.jpg

And a video of his riding (albeit 4 years ago)

2020 really sucks

RIP Barry 'Baz' Pritchard

Last edited:
I just heard from a WhatsApp group..... :-(
So sad to hear this news.... RIP !!

Thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends during this sad time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

?? sorry to hear and thanks for posting. A huge loss to his family, and a biting reminder to us all. Ride safe All.

I met Baz at Jerez last October. Very kind and nice guy. Really sad with what happened today. RIP.

I think he was 1:49/1:50 at Jerez.

Very sad. a few of my friends were there today and saw this happen, poor guy.

Rest in Peace Baz, died doing what he loved.

2020 has been a tough year for us all, and this serves as a stark reminder of how cruel this sport/hobby we love can be.

xxx

Oh bugger! Such sad news,. I think I first met Baz on one of the first S1000RR group rides that I organized in the early days of this forum. On the day Baz rode down from Norfolk and met the group near the prison cafe north of Haverhill, from there we rode up to Watton then from there I asked Baz to lead us to Snetterton. Great day and what a great memory
Baz , great bloke.

Such sad news.

Baz was a long standing member of this forum. The picture alex posted was of the forum pit garage at Snetterton one sunny hot day back in around 2015/6 I think (I might be wrong on the year). It was a fantastic day. I remember meeting baz there for the first time and being immediately humbled by his constant smile, kindness and gentle nature. Then we went on track and the guy just flew. He was doing sub 2s, I was doing 2.10s. After lunch we had a bit of a chat and spent the next session swapping between us so I could see his lines and markers, by the following session he had got me down to 2.06.

He was a true gentleman and a brilliant rider. He checked out doing what he loved. He will be missed. RIP.

This man epitomised what track riding was all about, fun, fast and enjoyable. When you was 'on it' he would come past and tap his rear as if to say follow me, sacrificing his track time to help others (me on more than one occasion). I have nothing bad or controversial to say about this fella, always picked up the 'phone' or rang you back, never 'up himself' on silly questions and was ALWAYS willing to help..... Snett for me now has T2...B remembering the good times we had.

R.I.P. Baz, you will be sorely missed ?.

Very sorry to hear this sad news. Unfortunately I didn?t get the chance to meet him. By the sound of it I could have done with his guidance.
My thoughts are with his family at this difficult time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely tragic news.

Baz, you were an asset to the motorcycling community.

My condolences go out to his family and friends.

R.I.P.

As a new member I obviously didn't know him, but he was evidently a top bloke and well liked. My condolences to all who knew him, may he rest in peace.

Oh my god.
Im so so so gutted.
Ive known baz for about 10 years and ive been riding with him at snett on many occasions.
We run a simular pace so we have had some good tusstles there.
I always had massive admiration for him because his age didnt hold him back.
I was going to go to snetterton today aswel as a friend said there was a space for me but i ran out of time trying to get ready so decided not to go in the end.
Maybe that was a decision was for the best.
I will watch this post for more info etc..
Sad times, we lost a real good bloke and a damn fast rider.
RIP BAZ.

Mike.

Ahhh shit news. Met baz through a friend of friend seen him on a few almeria trips. He showed me some settings there in march as i knew nothing about the bike

Real nice bloke, sad news

RIP baz

Just thought aswel now presume he was "baz" on the forum?

Aw ****, been hearing about it all today. Didn't realise he was on this forum RIP Baz [emoji22]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I didn?t know Baz but It?s never good to see sad news like this.
RIP

Last edited:
Back