Battery

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benny130

Reaction score
I think my battery is inn the blink. Only gets to 75% charge on the trickle and couple of times has only just caught and dont want it to leave me stranded. Checked the terminals and think I just need to replace.

Yuasa ?80, or ?40 for an aftermarket. Is it a case if getting what you pay for? Would anyone go for the ?40 option if it was them?

Thanks in advance

I ordered a replacement Yausa one, but the heavy duty one as I have a Alarm and Tracker... 1 year on and no problems (so far), but I do put it on the trickle charger if I know I wont be riding within 2-3 days.

Yuasa.... if kept on a decent trickle charger will last for decades. My 1998 TL1000R is still on the original battery. Might be worth thinking of a Lithium version like SHIDO. Again, needs an optimate Whenever it?s not being ridden. J

I finally got round to getting a Lithium battery after the tracker killed last one over winter. The weight of them is unbelievable and I found that even if I let it go low it charges in no time.
I went for the Shido connect (I like my gadgets) not sure if there still doing them in the uk as I had to get mine from Germany. I liked the bluetooth app that once ignition is on & it connects to phone and you can check the battery level without taking the seat off [emoji106] Think I paid ?105 and but had to buy another charger

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Yuasa.... if kept on a decent trickle charger will last for decades. My 1998 TL1000R is still on the original battery. Might be worth thinking of a Lithium version like SHIDO. Again, needs an optimate Whenever it?s not being ridden. J

Mine has always been on charge. Must have been unlucky?

Back