Had a test ride...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers - would appreciate a bit of guidance on what to check?

I fitted Gilles rear sets on mine after only a handful of miles so can?t really remember what the stock shifter felt like. Have to say it works exceptionally well, just feels different from the 3 - squidgy?s a gold term for it.
The main thing is 90 degrees alignment between rod and gear lever/shift lever. And making sure that gear lever not too low or too high relative to your boot.

you would think so, but not if you speak to bmw, as a quickshifter by definition only does clutchless upshifts.
i take it as a quickshifter but bmw don?t.

Daz

I don't even know who invented this word and whether when it was invented it meant to work only one way.

Wikipedia talks about bi-directional quickshifters https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quickshifter

The main thing is 90 degrees alignment between rod and gear lever/shift lever. And making sure that gear lever not too low or too high relative to your boot.

Cheers BBB, I?ll check my shift assistant later. Guess none of us would be having these problems if BMW had supplied us with a quick shifter in the 1st place ?!

its a legal thing, your not meant to use quickshifters on the road, well you wasn't a while ago. there for race use only. so basically they called it something else. :)

Quick shifters are for upshift and been around long before a downshift option, ie auto blipper.
Maybe a term for a combined unit is gear assist.

Last edited:
Quick shifters are for upshift and been around long before a downshift option, ie auto blipper.
Maybe a term for a combined unit is gear assist.

Gear Shift Assist = BMW for quickshifter
Gear Shift Assist Pro = BMW for quickshifter + autoblipper

Totally different colour in daylight isn?t it.....
great review. Im guessing it was still limited and the shortness of your test ride your pretty conclusive on the overall opinion.

thanks for sharing.... I?m still researching some cycling shorts lol

Having owned an Aprilia Tuono in the past, I bought some Moto Skiveez padded shorts.
I know it sounds daft but they do the job. I was out on my M Sport for 8 hours on Sunday, without a problem.

Totally different colour in daylight isn?t it.....
great review. Im guessing it was still limited and the shortness of your test ride your pretty conclusive on the overall opinion.

thanks for sharing.... I?m still researching some cycling shorts lol

And I use these ones: https://www.endurasport.com/Padded-Liner/p/bE0060

They've been good enough for Euro tours on sports bikes. Not done such a ride on the Gen 4 yet, but I've been out for 4 or 5 hour rides and been ok with these.

Back