Please help Exhaust servo

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BMWS1000rrMamacita

Reaction score
Hi, Just after some help/advice?
Just turned the ignition on, on my 2012 s1000rr and noticed a loud clicking noise coming from under the seat... the bike still starts fine, no Fi lights, on further investigation the culprit is the exhaust servo motor! Sounds like it?s stuck or broken... I have a full system and no servo buddy as I believe whoever fitted the full system kept the servos working just removed the cables etc... now I think the servo motor is faulty would a servo buddy allow it to be fully disconnected? Just wanna be sure before I order a servo buddy

Many thanks

Krystal

Hi, Just after some help/advice?
Just turned the ignition on, on my 2012 s1000rr and noticed a loud clicking noise coming from under the seat... the bike still starts fine, no Fi lights, on further investigation the culprit is the exhaust servo motor! Sounds like it?s stuck or broken... I have a full system and no servo buddy as I believe whoever fitted the full system kept the servos working just removed the cables etc... now I think the servo motor is faulty would a servo buddy allow it to be fully disconnected? Just wanna be sure before I order a servo buddy

Many thanks

Krystal

Yep, servobuddy just plugs into the connector and eliminates error code.

Thank you BMWBADBOY, for your quick reponse, I?m new to these forums so please bare with me ????*????.https://youtu.be/Veigg9RhrLU

This is what the bike does every time I turn it on. If I disconnect the servo the noise should stop? but a F1 code would appear ...then I attach the Buddy (I?m about to order) then it basically lies to the bike and the F1 code disappears.

Thank you BMWBADBOY, for your quick reponse, I?m new to these forums so please bare with me ????*????.https://youtu.be/Veigg9RhrLU

This is what the bike does every time I turn it on. If I disconnect the servo the noise should stop? but a F1 code would appear ...then I attach the Buddy (I?m about to order) then it basically lies to the bike and the F1 code disappears.
Yes, it should be like you described, with one caveat. I don't remember if ECU remembers fault code in memory if you start the bike without a servo motor. I think it doesn't, maybe someone can comment on that.

I think you need to fit the servo buddy before you start it up or the code will stay up.

Rob.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Quick update : ordered Health Tech Exhaust Servo Eliminator on Wednesday here by Thursday after endless YouTube videos and internet browsing ? I ended up just unplugging the servo then fitting buddy noise is gone and no red warning ?? light! So thank you to you all?? Ride Safe

Quick update : ordered Health Tech Exhaust Servo Eliminator on Wednesday here by Thursday after endless YouTube videos and internet browsing ? I ended up just unplugging the servo then fitting buddy noise is gone and no red warning ?? light! So thank you to you all?? Ride Safe
Excellent!

Back