Split throttle bodies

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmwbadboy

Reaction score
One cool feature that M RCK provides is Throttle Split.

1.jpg

I managed to try it on Tuesday at Brands GP and was really amazed.
You do feel more confident getting on throttle early out of the corner while at lean. Actually you have to be more aggressive opening up throttle in this situation, as only 2 cylinders giving any torque.
By the time 2 other cylinders join in, you already picked up the bike and additional torque doesnt make rear slip.
And second thing, it's audible and sounds amazing. It has this beautiful Ducati V4R sound.

Here is an average lap that shows the work for cylinder pairs (green + blue) and throttle grip (yellow).

2.jpg

Essentially split throttle bodies is a way to control traction.

Last edited:
It?s a very cool feature and is what the WSB Kawasaki?s have been using for a few years or so now. Or so I believe(?)
Glad to hear the implementation out of the box works well [emoji1303]

It?s not really a matter of being more agressive with the throttle, there?s just less room for hesitation. If you try to feel grip by throttle control it feels kind of jumpy/erratic.

Don't they think this is how BSB bikes are "controlled" since the banned TC?

Don't they think this is how BSB bikes are "controlled" since the banned TC?
Good question. They use a spec ecu and no direct tc. The split throttle is oem so legal in 1 way, I suspect it can be used passively (predetermined) rather than reactively.

- Alex

Back