Any one intending or looking to buy a comms system?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marc A

Reaction score
I currently use Cardo Packtalk.....

I've followed a guy called Richy Vida on Youtube...bike tours on VFR800s....quite interesting....totally opposite to hooning it around on RR's....

But if you go search for him on youtube hes posted a 20% discount off Cardo....

Cracking bit of kit...allows comms for group rides...listen to music and takes calls.....

Marc

I've followed a guy called Richy Vida on Youtube...bike tours on VFR800s....quite interesting....totally opposite to hooning it around on RR's....

Cracking bit of kit...allows comms for group rides...listen to music and takes calls.....

Marc

Does it connect to the Gen 4 ok? I've got a Midlands kit that's years old I used to use when the Mrs came out on the back of the bike but I can't get that to connect to the new bike

Are the products waterproof? Sound a silly question but I used to own a Sena 20 S and got caught in a torrential downpour and the music stopped playing after about 40 mins. I did not bother stopping to put into my pocket. When i contacted them, they did not offer any resolution to the water damage as the flap" must have been open...

Does it connect to the Gen 4 ok? I've got a Midlands kit that's years old I used to use when the Mrs came out on the back of the bike but I can't get that to connect to the new bike
Have to confess haven't tried connecting to bike yet but will confirm or if any other members can verify??

I have a pactalk too. Bought it for the Scottish trips to chat with Soof who was leading/dragging me around. Worked pretty well, but has had little value to me after that as I use BT earphones connected to the phone and am not taking calls.

Sat in a draw gathering dust...waiting for another tour.

- Alex

Marc, you're supposed to be working...............:highly_amused:

Customers are strolling in....its steady...and I'm bored of wiping my desk down with alcohol....(not the drinking type) ..and anyways thought I'd share the love of discounts....lol

I have a pactalk too. Bought it for the Scottish trips to chat with Soof who was leading/dragging me around. Worked pretty well, but has had little value to me after that as I use BT earphones connected to the phone and am not taking calls.

Sat in a draw gathering dust...waiting for another tour.

- Alex

Any tours planned for this year?

Have to confess haven't tried connecting to bike yet but will confirm or if any other members can verify??

I use a cardo q1 as a headset which is now obsolete (and very old) and it connects fine to the bike. Any of the newer stuff will connect although kev1 has had a reoccuring connect/disconnect issue with his phone/kit but I don?t think that is a general issue.

So buy the cardo, its good kit. I must confess I don?t use any of the functionality on mine except the nav voice directions and occasionally in the past the radio if commuting to kill the boredom.

I use a Sena 10R, have used it for several years now and really like it. I have only used it for coms purposes the grand total of ... once. However, it?s very useful having a wireless connection to your phone and/or SatNav, which is how I use it every time I ride

I actually use a cheap and cheers ful 50quid for two kit off ebay for me and the father. Have mine fitted to a spare AGVk1 and they work fine, not amazing in terms of volume. But for all that we need it so we can chat whilst riding together they're perfect. Also has Bluetooth to phone for music and calls and FM radio

Marc
Followed Richy Vida for a while but never saw his cardo discount, am I blind or just stupid...probably the latter

Back