Led Bulbs

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just changed another LED sidelight that's fallen apart, tried a few different ones but thinking of putting the originals back in

I went through the same thing with the heat of the main bulbs killing the side light leds. I found a Swedish manufacturer which have lasted 3 years and 15,000 miles. I?m looking for my order email but no luck so far. J

yep spookily its the dip side suffers most, although main is not exempt, but is more of a PITA to change.

Great, ta. All I've got to do now is explain to myself why I need to spend ?35 on them :uncomfortableness:

Ok, turns out I'm pretty easy to convince, the replacement dust covers arrived today :rolleyes:

Fitting went something like this:

Left side -
That's not going on, wonder if I can sell them to someone else?
Damn, only goes on partially, they're rubbish
OK, it's on, but I'm not convinced

Right side -
That's not going on with the plug in the way, maybe only one side fits properly?
Think it might go on but it's definitely going to break the bulb or the connector
Damn, that's tight
Got it, perfect!

Left side -
Maybe if I push it a little bit further?
Got it, perfect!

So, they're fab but a right arse to fit. It might be different depending on the bulb used but the cable/plug can take a fair bit of manoeuvring before it all goes in and you really have to put some pressure on to make the tabs bite! Looks good though and feels a bit more long-term stable than the rubber caps.

Also now available through FB, search LED GUARD - Motorcycle LED covers

Oh, and the above explains why I don't service my own bikes! :distrust:

Many thanks to Yogi and Kate, I think they?re the same as Kate bought and I ordered following her satisfaction with them. I fitted this afternoon, a great improvement. I had my bike serviced yesterday by Bahnstormers in Alton and was told they would definitely be an MOT fail when due and they wouldn?t fit them. Can?t understand why, they?re still rated as 5watts!

Nice bit of Axminster there... 30 Guineas a Sq Yd back in the day... those Lamps look good !

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Ok...

I finally got to test these in the dark!

Low beam is very well focussed with a good spread and a nice cut off so I am confident they will pass at MOT time.

Excellent visibility for me so I am impressed :)

LED side light bulbs didn't last 5 mins, i was out on a ride today and i got a dash warning light, i pulled over and the led side light bulbs are no more, shot already. Oh well they looked good in my garage...

Anyone had any better luck with the LED side light bulbs?

Last edited:
So far, so good. I had a good 100plus mile ride today and still working perfectly. They are the Argo silica protected ones so, fingers crossed. Rotten luck Yogi. ??

I have got the LED's as used by Katie. Could it be you just hadn't pushed them in securely enough?

Back