Led Bulbs

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use these ones, https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/202988740947

Can vouch for how they are at night, but quick and easy bright white replacement

Ok, that's the sidelights done. Went with these in the end, ?2.95 a pair, not too big, and nicely clear coated. Makes a definite 'can you see me?' difference!

View attachment 5273 View attachment 5274

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/501-LED-...MP-12V-/382715639090?var=&hash=item97ad67b837

Have ordered both thanks for your links and help.

Don't know about sweeping the garage, it could do with some carpet on the fool ;-)

Dean

And tomorrow's task, fitting the LED headlight bulbs! When I fitted the sidelights I realised that the headlights were pretty poor and I was never going to wait until the winter months to find out if it's worth doing :friendly_wink: So have gone for these, combined with the deeper dust covers

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07V6GMG8W?ref=ppx_pt2_dt_b_prod_image
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B072FRJMCC?ref=ppx_pt2_dt_b_prod_image

The reviews are mostly from bikers so figured it was worth a shot! Will let you know how it goes...

K, that was (mostly) easier than expected.

The bulbs are fairly accessible, and I used long-nosed pliers to fix the springy bastud thing (technical term) back on as it would only fix back on by hand one side of each light. There is just enough room to tuck the LED plug and lead back in to the light surround on the left side but not on the right. Still, the extra deep dust covers allow for that so the right side cables are looser but still covered and safe. Will have a think about a longer term solution once I've actually tested the bike at night on some country roads.
The beams seems to be pretty much at the same height as the original but a lot brighter although testing in a cluttered (and yes, I know, mucky) garage is not particularly scientific :rolleyes:

A few pics to give an idea:

Low beam

One light.jpg

Light low.jpg

High beam

Two light.jpg

Light high.jpg

Dust covers

Dust cover left.jpg

The proof will be in the pudding come MOT time. My guy is very lenient but my led?s were so far out, which ever rotation I tried, he had to fail them. Went the HID route as I had some lying around from a previous bike. J

The proof will be in the pudding come MOT time. My guy is very lenient but my led?s were so far out, which ever rotation I tried, he had to fail them. Went the HID route as I had some lying around from a previous bike. J

Well, they do have an adjustment screw on them but, most importantly, got another year before the MOT's due :friendly_wink:

I've thrown in a pair of 10000lm (or so they claim) LED's.

Bulbs look quality and they have the adapter for easy fitting.

The ballasts are small but I could only manage to squeeze one inside the housing, the other is neatly zip tied away.

Had them installed for a month but have not tested them in the dark yet due to working nights and an engine failure.

I'll report back when tested properly.

They don't fit the original dust covers so I bought these to fix that ;)

I've thrown in a pair of 10000lm (or so they claim) LED's.

Bulbs look quality and they have the adapter for easy fitting.

The ballasts are small but I could only manage to squeeze one inside the housing, the other is neatly zip tied away.

Had them installed for a month but have not tested them in the dark yet due to working nights and an engine failure.

I'll report back when tested properly.

They don't fit the original dust covers so I bought these to fix that ;)

Did those dust covers screw into place like the originals? The ones I'm using stretch over the top of the hole but I'd give the others a go if they were straight replacements

Post from amazon was really quick, BMW have squeezed the wire and bulbs in a tight space, not good when got fingers like pigs tits!!!! But no pulled wires so all good.
Dean

Did those dust covers screw into place like the originals? The ones I'm using stretch over the top of the hole but I'd give the others a go if they were straight replacements

Yes they are a direct replacement for the originals,and mount in exactly the same way, just need to reuse the rubbers from your originals :)

Back