Led Bulbs

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flatstick

Reaction score
Hi All
Thinking about changing my bulbs on the gen3 to led's (hi, low and side) and just wondered what you had all fitted? I would like brilliant white if poss with no modifying of std wiring. look forward to your recommendations, price and where to get them from.

Cheers Dean

The tech isn't there yet imo, not for direct replacement. The best upgrade remain HID kits imo on the low beamside.

Basic issue with LED's is the distance they project light, its just not far enough, not enough lumens. I think one member had found some they rated but I'm not convinced enough.

I just use Philips pure white, xenon, 55w bulbs.

- Alex

Thanks for the replies so far, I use some called night angle in my car and there good and I watched this on youtube and that put the idea in my head, don't use the bike at night so not bothered about light spread just to look more modern.

Dean

Totally agree with Alex, direct replacement isn?t there yet. I?ve put HID?s in my Gen 3. Current LED?s will screw up the beam and fail an MOT.

Out of interest, do either of those sidelight bulbs make any difference with night riding? I tend to do a lot of that in the winter! Also, blimey, ?13 difference between the two options! :eek-new:

Side lights no. Dipped main is the critical one. Which if you're doing a lot of night riding I would change to a HID...outside of the MOT.

Side lights no. Dipped main is the critical one. Which if you're doing a lot of night riding I would change to a HID...outside of the MOT.

Still patiently holding out for that elusive decent replacement LED bulb that I'm sure they're going to perfect soon :encouragement:

Mind you, I keep eyeing up those Matt Gecko replacement headlights - loads of good reviews but all from the 'look good, make you seen' perspective, none from the 'I use them at night' side! At ?500+, I'm (sadly) not rich enough to take the chance...

I?m confused by these. They only low light output meant for side lights etc not main lights. Are they bright enough at night?

Sorry I meant to write 'cant' I never really ride at night, mine is more of a daytime bike, they are bright I must admit, but I wanted them to change the colour of the factory halogen, with no extra wiring.
The thread below has photos on page two of my bike and the beam pattern. Also mines has been through MOT with them and passed.
https://s1000rrforum.co.uk/showthread.php?15319-Philips-Racing-150-H7-Bulbs/page2

Back