Led Bulbs

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 10 coming from the manufactures to try Katie, also mine kept popping out and what i did was to make sure, when you re-insert the bulb holder line up the holder grooves to the metal clip. This was the reason mine edged out even though i thought they were secure.

Mine are still hanging in there, but I will be interested to see how you're most recent joint purchases work out.

Ok, after a few hundred miles, one of my sidelights keeps popping out! Bit bizarre but it moves slightly out of the socket, leaving the light on 1/2 power but causing an error message. It works properly when I click it back in but now does the same thing after a few miles. My assumption is that it is slightly out of tolerance so have ordered some different bulbs to try out. If they do the same, it might be the socket is the issue!
Having a go with these ones this time

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-XENON...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Trying to work out at what point the cost benefit ratio means I need to buy the complete replacement LED headlights :confused:

Following on from this, the replacements I bought didn't fit well. They went in ok but the slightly rounded base felt like it was going to drop out after a few miles/bumps/humpback bridges. Contacted the seller and they swapped them for these
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/253777656270

They don't look as pretty but the connection feels a lot more secure and they are blindingly bright! Will report back when I've road tested them a bit. If the same thing happens, it might be the socket which is at fault so wish me luck trying to find a replacement for that which doesn't involve a whole new loom...

Now they are probably rather more important to fit than you're other posing luxuries! :eek:illeak: LOL

Followed your constructive criticism and I've Just fitted the Evo-tech radiator and oil cooler guards, I'm very pleased with the fitment and quality.

evo.jpg

Attachments

• 20200725_221402.jpg
    20200725_221402.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 48
Evo Tech gear is top drawer, their tail tidies for the Gen 2 are solid, overengineered for sure, but won't corrode and snap like R and Gs pishy effort.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Just as long as you weren't offended. :playful:

Constructive criticism is always welcome, I found out its ?700 to replace the radiator plus fitting costs so money well spent. i have just ordered Pazzo levers as i wasn't happy with the evotech ones.

Following on from this, the replacements I bought didn't fit well. They went in ok but the slightly rounded base felt like it was going to drop out after a few miles/bumps/humpback bridges. Contacted the seller and they swapped them for these
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/253777656270

They don't look as pretty but the connection feels a lot more secure and they are blindingly bright! Will report back when I've road tested them a bit. If the same thing happens, it might be the socket which is at fault so wish me luck trying to find a replacement for that which doesn't involve a whole new loom...

Tried and tested and these stay in the socket nicely. They do look a bit functional but as said, great light from them. Will reserve verdict on longevity until, well, I've had them for a while!

LEDs 2.jpg LEDs 3.jpg

In general terms the quality of LED lamps have vastly improved in the last few years. I picked up two DRLs for my trafic from www.ABD.co.uk

They are extremely well made and quite heavy, in my opinion the sign of quality materials... plus if an error flagged up they would change them to another brand.. great service !. I'd guess they are at least 3 times the weight of the filament lamps they replaced.

It is possible not to have to stretch to Cree prices anymore.
d7a7f1b9b018a9d1111d25f2f879a6ff.jpg
b412e62489647bcaaa9bad925757d2df.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Back