Waterlogged fuses.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamieMac

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
From the US forum... something to keep an eye on.

An issue has become known to me recently. I have 2 confirmed cases of this happening. There is a fuse box under the riders seat. Next to the main 40A fuse. It has a 15A and 7.5A fuse in it. It faces downwards. The holder it clicks into doesn't have any holes in it. So eventually water seeps in from rain or washing the bike and fills up. Then it hits the fuses and shorts them out. Leaving you stranded basically. You need spare fuses if they are blown. And it gunks up and corrodes the terminals in there. This is not an official BMW notice. Just passing the info on to anyone with the new bike. You don't want this to happen if you are out on a ride and far from help. Might be an idea to seal it up with silicone or put some dielectric grease in there. Maybe even put some tiny holes in the bottom to let water drain out if it does get in there. Not fill up. These pics are from my bike. Which doesn't have any water in it.

rD3hs0h.jpgXF7Kepk.jpg

Last edited:
Back