2 month wait is over

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dox

Reaction score
Hi, I bought a '17 RR from Ocean Plymouth back in March...was due to collect it on 24 Mar 20 so went to bed early to get an early start to take my Multistrada trade in down (I'm in Lancaster).

Then found out by a message from Ocean at about 9pm that they'd be closed because Mr Blobby had just called lock-down!

Got motorbiketransporter.com (can highly recommend them) to do the swap over a couple of weeks ago, and have been loving it since. They shift a bit don't they! :smile-new:

Welcome to the forum, congratulations on your new RR and thank you for supporting the forum!

As Jamie says, the performance of these bikes never gets old. They?re so versatile and so competent! [emoji41]

Enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here and loads of information

Welcome Dox....as the others have said welcome to the forum and thanks for the support.....any questions on the benefits please do not hesitate to ask away!

Have you always had a sportsbike background?? Get some pics up when you can

Long wait but worth it! Welcome to the forum and thanks for your support.

Welcome Dox....as the others have said welcome to the forum and thanks for the support.....any questions on the benefits please do not hesitate to ask away!

Have you always had a sportsbike background?? Get some pics up when you can

I had sportsbikes back in the 90's...before kids, then got back into bike a couple of years ago. I was thinking I wanted to just potter about a bit, do an odd tour etc. Thought sportsbike were out of my system.

I got an F800GT as my first bike after the long lay off. Didn't test ride one. That lasted about a week - traded it against a Ducati Supersport S - great bike, very similar handling characteristics to the RR. I toured down to southern Italy on it and enjoyed every mile - but struggled to keep up with my brothers XR. I then had two 1200 Multistrada's - but they just didn't give me the buzz. I'd been kidding myself...to me motorbike means sportsbike. Hence the arrival of Hilda...you know I love it as I've named her! :tranquillity: She's a keeper!

IMG_2016 (002).jpg

Nice - enjoy! Good colour scheme that (although I am bit biased on that front..)

Back