Lambda, oxygen or O2 sensor eliminator plugs

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HPlogger

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
For a Gen 3 2018 S1000RR

Does anyone know of eliminator plugs that connects to the wiring harness feeding both oxygen sensors?
Such as O2 eliminator plugs.

If the Lambdas are kept connected Emission fault code value out of range or above threshold occurs.

If the Lambdas are removed as in unscrewed from exhaust and disconnected from wiring harness connectors an emission fault code occurs. Detects open circuit for heating the plugs up.

I clear the fault codes but they re-occur after three ignition start ups.

I know the bike runs right, but just don't want to have these fault codes to occur.

I can't find an eliminator for the O2 sensors anywhere, there's plenty for the servo valves.

Any help appreciated
Thanks in advance.

The Euro4 emissions checks require the O2's to be plugged in.
If you buy a PCV it comes with O2 Eliminator / Controller (Part number: 76125078 x 2). If you contact Dynojet UK you should be able to purchase 2 of them.

Hmm yes I haven't gone down the route of using PCV. Surely all it will need are two resistors and possibly a ground wire to imitate feedback to the ECU?

Maybe, either way, these are the only eliminators I know of. As you've had a map done, I assume you've been told you need to bin them off. So this is the only way I know how. You don't need the PCV. Just the part number above.

Image of wiring to O2 sensors
Lambda sensor wiring.jpg

On my model found there are two circuits, heating element and the Lambda circuit (developed by Mr Robert Bosch GmBH).

So far I've measured an average resistance of 8.2? (8.3+8.1?2)

To find the resistance of the Lambda sensors I may need to heat them up whilst in the exhaust and engine running to measure. I wonder if trying a Potentiometer to adjust the resistance until it measure correctly.
Not sure I should mess with it really lol

Also must say the Lambdas measured value will Oscillate and I don't know if the ECU coding is programmed to look for the oscillation and if not showing may throw another fault.

According to DYNOJET the lambda sensors need to NOT have a fixed signal on the Euro4 as the ECU knows the signal should change so shows them faulty, I have a PCV fitted with the O2 controllers (not eliminators) and no fault codes etc. Also if you use a PCV without them fitted it will only control a small part of the fuelling outside the closed loop

Looks something like this when the bike is ticking over at operating temp not -39.8 deg c as it states. (bug in the Hexcode)

o2 sensor graph.jpg

Information obtained from GS-911. Useful device.

You can buy the O2 controllers from Dynojet UK but they are stupid money! I think ?78 each. They are included if you buy the PCV unit though

Just a thought, you know it's running right but the bikes sensors are telling you it's not.

How do you know it's right?

My 2c I used a pcv and left them connected but I had mine tuned on the Dyno so I know it's spot on.

Try unblocking. Might solve all your issues.

Mine ran better at crusing and very low throttle with pair operational. Checked it with and without on the dyno

Pair valve is throwing fresh air into exhaust to make catalytic convertor to burn better exhaust gases, to get euro4 requirements, that's all. If catalytic convertor there is no more, pair becomes useless.
On dyno you need to cancel pair because induce false reading of exhaust gases.

I have had EML issues and upon advice have changed my Lambda sensors.
However, the light is still illuminated, does the ECU have to be reset at this point?

I have had EML issues and upon advice have changed my Lambda sensors.
However, the light is still illuminated, does the ECU have to be reset at this point?
Yes the fault code engine light stays on until reset, can be done with GS911 Hexcode OBD2 tool. I have one found it quite useful.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Iv seen it on dyno bike after tuning runs better cruising with pair unblocked. With the o2 sensors still connected.

Extensive testing.

Amazingly, after several start ups, went for a ride yesterday (150 miles) the light went out!!
I will obviously monitor this, but it would appear that the system has eventually realised the faulty part has been replaced.

Back