New Shock

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
Nice wee surprise through the mail earlier, good kit this, looks very well made

Stripped the old one off in a few minutes using my 1Jac to unload the wheels. Needle bearings look and feel fine in the bottom mounts as do the swing arm bearings thankfully, couldnt be arsed stripping this thing down again for something else.

Some of the bolts and a couple of dust seals have seen better days, so I'll order OE from Cradeley and get it fired on when they arrive..
7dabfcab3d4a4c805613732913190ddd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

It looks the dugs...need to order fresh fittings picked up a s/h bottom mount with 3 bolts, the two longer ones are almost 20 ea from Kawasaki ! Got the mount, dog bones and three bolts for 30 quid, looks clean and tidy too..

That bottom mount is 180 quid, bones 50 odd ea... not to mention needle rollers 6-8 a pop...glad I only need bolts and a couple of dust seals
4bdee6c6e82799eeca6e3d1f8a154d64.jpg

I fitted Nitron shocks to my GS, really top quality and I received great service from Nitron direct and Rugged Roads from whom I bought them. Transformed the GS from excellent to brilliant.

Yea I emailed them and got an instant response...

What grease does anyone use for Needle Rollers, I was thinking something light.. might just go for some Lith-Moly, it's a light consistency which I think is fine for smaller and tighter tolerances...

Any views.. it's my bottom shock mount

Last edited:
The shock looks the bees knees Stuart!
Lots of positive feedback re Nitron.

Bet you?re looking forward to testing it out [emoji41]

Good bit of kit, the remote preload adjuster was another 250... unless your going 2 up preload you seldom if ever touch. Never thought it was worth it.

Back