2018 K46 Gen 3 attaching rear brake pads back into the calipers..... advice please?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrSmooth

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
I?ve replaced the rear tyre and I am trying to put the rear wheel back into the chassis. I need to fix the rear brake calipers into place over the rear disk as I am inserting the rear wheel. Except that one of my rear brake pads (inner one) is left dangling and I can?t seem to push it back into position.

It seems like this tiny little tab is sticking out half way down the insert spacer (ringed in yellow below) is preventing me from pushing and shuffling the inner pad back into place. Is there a knack to this please?

e8145c92309379f0ea69dc44cc284d3c.plist

9054111480a1026d134b8cca86e09e07.jpg
I?ve stomped around the garage calling for the head of the designer of said BMW braking system but it hasn?t helped me attach the pad back into where I think it should go. Aaggggghhhhh!

Thanks in advance

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

push the carrier back,then just put the pad into the gap,tight against the other pad,and it just slots in,it's actually easy

you'll se the part holding your pad atm,slides on a sliding pin,should move easily,unless it's seized up,which a quick pull back of the rubber boot,add some grease and work it in/out to loosen up

I did manage to complete the task. Thanks for your contributions

I think was I right, the little metal spacer with the tab I showed ringed in an earlier picture which was stopping me push the pads together in the caliper towards the piston causing them to dangle down. It was the wrong way up, I turned it through 180 degrees and I think that worked.

Also leaving the left and right wheel spacers out until the wheel is offered up ready for the spindle shaft to be inserted. This certainly helped me with the narrow space available in the swingarm.

Last edited:
Just to polish off this thread and put it away. The little tab highlighted in the first picture is already in the correct position as shown in the picture and that I spent another ? hour wrestling with it yesterday to finally correct my mistake having turned it upside down from that shown in the picture and then fit the rear brake correctly.

I still want the head of the rear brake designer....

Back