Start up

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll go and check what version is mine later, given my RIS was 2 weeks ago I doubt I'll have the latest version. Bike needs a start anyway, haven't ridden since last weekend on it.

Will check it in the morning as it will have been started a couple of times today, see if it has worked, although I am led to believe that update was one of 2 applied as there is a (don?t quote me) 510 software update which is specific to the start up thing?

Daz

They said that there was couple of updates to install so I guess they instakked everything that was available. I didn't notice any difference in cold startup before vs after the update.

Just been and checked mine, it is 001_119_170. No start-up or rough idling issues thankfully. I've come back smelling of my favourite cologne, petrol fumes! :D

Would appear the updates fixed the cold start issue on my bike, just gave it a jag and started up lovely with no spitting and farting or cutting out.

Daz

Would appear the updates fixed the cold start issue on my bike, just gave it a jag and started up lovely with no spitting and farting or cutting out.

Daz

Thanks for the info, have to call the dealer on monday and ask about it.

Yesterday bike started up with some hesitation and almost died but picked up revs pretty quickly... maybe it just needs couple of cold starts to learn after the software update. Let's see how it continues to behave.

Still the same, doesn't die but starts with pops and bangs :D not optimal, but at least won't die anymore

That was gonna be my guess which is why I asked, but it's just a slip on so very unlikely
Yeah and the slip on went on a month ago, no problems at all before last week which is weird. Only thing that changed is outside temperature, it's warmer now than what it was before.

Could you do a video of what it does when it starts up, then we can see what to look out for?

Well... it wasn't that easy. The hesitation and almost dying sounds only as pops on the video, should make a video where the camera is close to the engine instead of exhaust.
But what is audible is that it takes 10 seconds for the bike to increase the revs where as before it did it immediately on startup.

Thanks for posting that jvirta, I see what you mean but it doesn't seem that bad, not as bad as I expected anyway. Love your exhaust btw, that's the one I've been eyeing up lately too! :)

Mine splutters and coughs on startup more than that, but never cuts out. Always has, with oem, then with end can, then with full system.

Does emphasise what a rattly old engine the RR's have though. :applause: I thought my Kwackers were rough sounding. :devilish:

Back