Start up

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DCB

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Since my first service last week when I first start the bike it spits farts pops and then cuts out, start it again does the same but gets through it and runs fine.
anyone had this or anyone any idea what may be wrong?

cheers
Daz

Funnily enough, after my first service the other week, I started it up the next day and it started just fine, but maybe 10 seconds later it coughed and died.

It's not happened since though, and I've used it a fair bit. But I am keeping a close eye on it.

Not had the issue described above, I have however noticed since my first service on start up I get a bit of a burning smell and then it goes away. Any ideas, do you guys get similar?

Since my first service last week when I first start the bike it spits farts pops and then cuts out, start it again does the same but gets through it and runs fine.
anyone had this or anyone any idea what may be wrong?

cheers
Daz
My one does it now and again, I haven?t had my first service done yet (840 miles). It?s probably normal so I?m not going to worry about it

Same here, took the bike to a dealer today, no errorcodes, but there are a software update available. I'll know more tomorrow if it helps.

New software version 021_104_020 didn't fix the problem. Please report to your dealer so they can report to BMW so that they will fix the problem.

Just as an aside, what fuel you guys running? I'm always using Shell V-Power 99 Ron.

BP Ultimate or equivalent premium grade fuel if not near a BP Station. I only ever use premium fuels in my bikes and cars. Engines run so much cleaner.

Just as an aside, what fuel you guys running? I'm always using Shell V-Power 99 Ron.

Pretty much always super unleaded, and usually V-Power. But I've just had to use 95 from Shell since they had run out of V-Power. Only done about 3 miles but seemed ok. The manual says to use 97+ iirc, but 95 is down as "alternative fuel"

Premium grade goes in mine as well.
as it is it is going to the dealers tomorrow so will see what comes of it, it?s a serious bag o tits on cold start up now, which regardless of what they say cannot be right, has only started since first service, not saying they done anything wrong at first service the guys at my dealers are top notch, but it can?t just be a coincidence

Daz

Yeah, my dealer said as part of the RIS, they do remap the bike. I've noticed mine is running leaner than it was before, prior to RIS it was running very rich and on startup in the garage you could smell the fuel in the fumes, not so much anymore now.

Yeah, my dealer said as part of the RIS, they do remap the bike. I've noticed mine is running leaner than it was before, prior to RIS it was running very rich and on startup in the garage you could smell the fuel in the fumes, not so much anymore now.

This seems to be the case with Rain mode as well - it runs richer I think. And yeah, since RIS, I think it's running leaner in general. Lots more pops on the overrun too.

Mine occasionally spits and stops shortly after start up. Always run it on V Power like some others, it also has an Akra stubby but I don?t think fitting this made any difference because I remember it did it the day it was delivered with only 10 miles on the clock.

Seems clear that Germanic perfection doesn?t extend to the cold start arrangement!

Back