Start up

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prices are only going to get worse once we start paying for the lockdown!

I typically use Tesco Momentum 99, purely for the points lol.
If not available then I use any premium, higher octane offering.

The cold start rough idle has been reported on the USA spec bikes. BrenTuning claim to have addressed it in their latest flash for the Gen 4. Hopefully BMW will release an update in the near future which rectifies it

I typically use Tesco Momentum 99, purely for the points lol.
If not available then I use any premium, higher octane offering.

The cold start rough idle has been reported on the USA spec bikes. BrenTuning claim to have addressed it in their latest flash for the Gen 4. Hopefully BMW will release an update in the near future which rectifies
it

mine got collected today and away to the dealers, see what?s what. They did say there is a PUMA report for the problem, with a software update and of course the new big software update there as well

mine got collected today and away to the dealers, see what?s what. They did say there is a PUMA report for the problem, with a software update and of course the new big software update there as well

Interesting, if there is a PUMA case then I'm wondering if they will recall all bikes or just fix the ones experiencing the problem?

Interesting, if there is a PUMA case then I'm wondering if they will recall all bikes or just fix the ones experiencing the problem?
Typical, bmw have just gave me a spanky new 3 series car and the dealers have just phoned to say bike is coming back software updates all done.
so am doing ma Mr BMW this week car and bike.
although bloody car tried tae kill me wae that silly lane assist pish, didn?t know it even had that, tried to put me back in ma lane when overtaking, duely switched that shit off.

Daz

Typical, bmw have just gave me a spanky new 3 series car and the dealers have just phoned to say bike is coming back software updates all done.
so am doing ma Mr BMW this week car and bike.
although bloody car tried tae kill me wae that silly lane assist pish, didn?t know it even had that, tried to put me back in ma lane when overtaking, duely switched that shit off.

Daz

Yes, lane assist is especially shit on the new 3 Series, for some reason it is improved on the 5 Series Touring we have and not had any trouble with it. But I know of a few people who have had trouble with the 3 Series.

Hopefully the software update has resolved your problem, keep us posted. Because if the PUMA case didn't resolve it, it may need to be escalated to ADIDAS! hehe

Doesn't it kick in only if you're not indicating? (I realise that's an extra feature on a Beemer)

Doesn't it kick in only if you're not indicating? (I realise that's an extra feature on a Beemer)
i believe so, I was on dual carriageway with nothing behind so didn?t see the need to indicate, never the less it?s a strange experience having the car steer the opposite way from where you want to go

So bike is back, seems to be cured, new software update loaded, will check in the morning tho and see, but it seems the new update has it on a slightly higher amount of revs at first start up than before until it drops back to idle

Daz

Also wondering if it could be something to do with the ecu self learning, and on some bikes, in certain circumstances and certain fuel causes the issue by not learning correctly. Hopefully sorted now.

Will check it in the morning as it will have been started a couple of times today, see if it has worked, although I am led to believe that update was one of 2 applied as there is a (don?t quote me) 510 software update which is specific to the start up thing?

Daz

Back