Garage Floor Tiling

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schuey

Reaction score
Thinking of getting the garage floor tiled this summer. Can anyone recommend me some brands that you've had good experience with and possibly some pics to help my decision process?

Thanks.

Hi, I've had this stuff down for 16 years now and gets lots of abuse. It's easy to put together and pull apart. I personally don't like the criss cross pattern other flooring has when you try and do a chequered flag pattern.

https://www.dynotile.co.uk

Attachments

• IMG_0064.jpg
    IMG_0064.jpg
    843.8 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0133.jpg
    IMG_0133.jpg
    670.9 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Thanks Soof, exactly the type of thing I'm looking for. Just measured up my garage and it came in at 5.0M x 5.3M, so looks like it can get quite expensive. Will be worth it in the end I guess. Seen some tiles that are 4.5mm thick and the ones you posted are 7mm thickness which are more expensive. You get what you pay for so willing to spend that little bit more. Any feedback on minimum tile thickness to go for when comparing? Garage is used to park my car and bikes so I suppose the thicker the better to ensure no tiles getting out of shape?

Last edited:
The difference in thickness is more to do with thermal properties, the 4.5mm will be very thin so the cold will come through easier. If its getting heavy usage then thicker will be more robust. I have a car in the garage as well as bikes, when I spoke to garage pride (going back maybe 4-5 years) when I ordered I was recommended sticking with 7mm for a good compromise.

Other brands are available and are probably just as good.

I moved house 3 years ago so took the floor with me and recut a few bits to fit the new garage, so as an investment in a floor, these types of tiles are a good idea imo. Bit pricey but you save on not needing a tradesman to lay the floor and obviously reusable, plus you can make your own patterns with different colours/shades.

If the front of your garage gets direct sunlight make sure you leave the expansion spaces around the perimeter as per the instructions because the plastic expands in heat and buckles if you don?t (yep, I didnt).

Thanks Soof, that's great information and very useful indeed. I'll start searching then and shortlisting. Will keep in mind the tip about leaving the expansion spaces too! Knowing me, I would have screwed that up as well! lol

I?m going to see some interlocking tiles tomorrow, 14mm. Not sure of the brand.

Was going to get self levelling concrete down this weekend, however thought that spending ?150 odd quid and then potentially moving in a couple of years, better to spend a few more quid and take it with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back