Check Your Battery Terminals

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2002sportevo

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Had a great run out today, decided to head south for a change and did the Dalveen Pass then onto Dumfries, Moffat and then the Beeftub - great roads, hardly any traffic, zero plod but there were quite a few bikes out.

Anyway, about 1 mile from home I felt a bit of power loss followed by the engine management light then flashing ABS and Traction Light - just approaching a roundabout then it cut out altogther......SHIT - switched off ignition and restarted OK - headed off again and it happened again - by this time I was nearly home and managed to free wheel to my house (thankfully).

Took the seat off and both battery terminals were seriously loose, tightened them both up, quick test ride and everything OK - my bike is a 2015, I've had it since 3 months old and never had to touch the battery - it would appear that 12000 miles worth of vibration has managed to loosen the terminals - I took both of them off tonight and had a good look - no apparent damage to the battery terminals so I put some blue loctite on the bolts and refitted / tightened.

Might be worth a quick check of your terminals - I'll be checking mine on a regular basis from now on.......

It was great to get back out on it..........these really are fantastic bikes :)

Back