Devils Bridge

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skel

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Good run down to Devils Bridge today with the family and a couple of tag alongs. I
Love this bike I absolutely love this bike. It just brings smiles for miles and miles. Running Michelin Power 5?s at the minute as I was supposed to be on tour and finding they take some stick [emoji1787] turn in and feel from the off. 50+degrees knee to knee coming up to Hartside, and they never flickered. Mint [emoji1305]
6a60fd1aa73f73ba9ce4e4a830af9ae5.jpg

827b626b6bd862a64b89b3b543ddb7c8.jpg

b90377364f3fdc7c3bc1139182ad8bd5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great pics.... how did u did the weather? Ok when u get going? Great little gang u got there

I have just seen drone footage on the bbc news channel of devils bridge today. Lot of bikes.

Lovely weather Skel, it was 25c here today.

What pressure were you running the Michelins at ? The compound is definitely different from the Power RS, theres no visible soft/firm compound line Crown to Sidewall and I could feel mine squirm under hard exit.

I was 30/32 which for the previous RS and RS+ has been spot on, it left a nice wear pattern on the shoulders which you could read...these way less so...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Lovely weather Skel, it was 25c here today.

What pressure were you running the Michelins at ? The compound is definitely different from the Power RS, theres no visible soft/firm compound line Crown to Sidewall and I could feel mine squirm under hard exit.

I was 30/32 which for the previous RS and RS+ has been spot on, it left a nice wear pattern on the shoulders which you could read...these way less so...

Hi Stu,
I generally run 34/38 and work from there mate. That seems to give me good feedback.
The New Power GP?s are the replacement for the RS?s if I remember correctly. Michelin have created 5 tyres including slicks but kept the same carcass, so you can progress through them with similar feel. (I?ll leave that to the pro?s to confirm lol) but defo going to give those a try to. Off to Oulton next month so I?ll hopefully have an update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers Skel, I like Michelins, they suit my riding style IE... trying to stay upright !

I think I might start messing about with tyre pressures a little more, the rear on mine was definitely moving on sharp corners, 2psi might be a good start. See how that goes.

Back