Metzeler M9RR Review

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJK

Reaction score
I thought I would post a quick review on the above mentioned tyre especially as they are so new and little information on them, firstly it?s not on an S1000RR but a 19 plate Superduke GT. On spirited road riding the tyres haven?t missed a beat, that is knee down lean angle and hard acceleration, to be honest I cannot think for a road tyre you would want more that is unless your ride the roads like the TT. They seems to warm up fast and have a quick turn in and make the Superduke far more agile, I?ve never used them in cold temperatures or in the wet. My biggest criticism is mileage so far I?ve done 1250 miles and the tyres are down to just under 3mm on the rear the front should hold out for two rears. I?ve ran recommended road pressures ie 36F 42R. Overall super impressed except for mileage.

ive done around 500 miles on mine and all seems ok so far, only problem is not getting onto my normal roads to try them in places that im used too.

I tried a pair of the m7RRs but found the front tyre was a bit vague didn?t have much feel with the road. It probably had lots of grip but just didn?t feel like it.
Are the M9?s better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried a pair of the m7RRs but found the front tyre was a bit vague didn?t have much feel with the road. It probably had lots of grip but just didn?t feel like it.
Are the M9?s better

the m9 has more feel but ive not tried on same bike. the gen 3 was vague with all tyres i used, im now on gen 4 and tbh its a totally different bike. wouldnt even beleave they were the same make when it comes to riding it. :)

About 2-300mile on a set for me, the first scrubbing run out I was a bit dubious, but last weekend was nice and warm and they felt great on standard road pressures, just got work that trackday are restarting again, so hopefully gon a get them on there soon

the m9 has more feel but ive not tried on same bike. the gen 3 was vague with all tyres i used, im now on gen 4 and tbh its a totally different bike. wouldnt even beleave they were the same make when it comes to riding it. :)

The best front tyre I?ve found for the gen3 for feel is the Dunlop TT. make the front feel likes a blade! And still get 2500 miles out of the rear with the odd track day [emoji2]

The best front tyre I?ve found for the gen3 for feel is the Dunlop TT. make the front feel likes a blade! And still get 2500 miles out of the rear with the odd track day [emoji2]

Good to hear a review on those.
If you wouldn't mind doing a new thread on your experience it would be super helpful.

- Alex

Back