New member from Gloucester

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yogi Bear

Reaction score
I've just got back into biking after 4 years off. I have always had the R1s but the new model disappointed me due to being too track focused and uncomfortable on the road.
After lots of reviewing the BMW S1000RR Sport caught my eye.

I sent off 3 cheeky offers to dealers, 2 of them emailed and told me basically where to go but a BMW dealer called me accepting my offer, it was there first day back at work after the lockdown... So Monday, 4 days time I'm collecting the bike. They gave me 2 years BMW warranty, euro and UK breakdown, service, new mot and a years tax. Only 4000 miles on the clock, totally standard.
Its the grey and black sport model.

I haven't ridden one of these yet but all them reviews cant be wrong.:numbness:

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome - I assume we're talking about a Gen3 with 4000 miles on the clock? They make a great all rounder. You're sure to be happy with it.

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new RR!

As Alex says, Gen 3 RR?s are fantastic road bikes, I am sure you?ll have many happy miles ahead of you [emoji41]

What have been some of your favourite motorcycling experiences thus far?

Enjoy the forum

Welcome to the forum... can I be cheeky and ask which three dealers u emailed and which one u are purchasing?

if u look into forum membership we do have discount with cotswold Motorrad in Cheltenham.... maybe worth looking into if you are wanting to get some genuine accessories or parts.

As Oli said enjoy the forum. Lots of friendly advice here

Hi I bought the bike from Roy Pidcock BMW.

I've only owned the R1 bikes before.
I'm 6'2" and the R1s fit fine. Are the s1000s good for taller riders?

Started ordering bits for the bike already and i promised myself i would leave the bike standard.
Ordered Arrow rear can,
tail tidy,
R&G frame protectors and rear cotton reels already.

That's it no more...? for now anyway.

Thats the beginning...next will be the middle.....never an end lol

Rearsets....levers....screen....carbon.... list goes on and on

Just got back from Roy Pidcock BMW. 100 Mile ride back. The bike is fast, very light and after 4 years off bikes this Beemer drops into the bends. After 80 miles I had a bit of tingling in by butt.
The bike has new Michelin tyres on.
I checked the vin decoder and it says ...

S228Race-Paket
S224Driving modes Pro
S223DDC
S235Dynamic package
S222Gearshift assistant Pro
As the bike is a sport is this what comes as standard?

Back