BeMoto

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocky83

Reaction score
Unfortunately wont be using bemoto anymore. Been with them for 5 years, no claims in 20 years of riding till last week. Now they wont touch me.

Dropped my brand new r1m last week. Renewal is due next week. Told me they could no longer offer my multi bike policy and my premium had tripled since last year. Blamed it all on axa the insurer. So I've gone on the usual price comparisons and got it half price they offered. Who's the insurer? Axa

Last edited by a moderator:
Not unusual that.. I've often had renewal papers through, went online and secured a cheaper premium, same cover with current insurer... mad !

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Dropped my brand new r1m last week. Renewal is due next week. Told me they could no longer offer my multi bike policy and my premium had tripled since last year. Blamed it all on axa the insurer. So I've gone on the usual price comparisons and got it half price they offered. Who's the insurer? Axa

I had a very similar issue (and it was Axa as the underwriter) with Carole Nash a few years back. Ended up moving to BeMoto... with Axa.

Cosmetic damage to frame, fairing and swingarm. Looking like total loss, bike has 15 miles on the clock.

It is ultimately their underwriter (Axa) that calls the shots. Bemoto want your business whatever your history. Some brokers will have more than one underwriter...I am guessing BeMoto don't.
If it is a total loss what are your options?
Will you get a replacement?
Will you buy back the original one knowing it's only cosmetic damage?

It is ultimately their underwriter (Axa) that calls the shots. Bemoto want your business whatever your history. Some brokers will have more than one underwriter...I am guessing BeMoto don't.
If it is a total loss what are your options?
Will you get a replacement?
Will you buy back the original one knowing it's only cosmetic damage?

Thing is I have got a quote ?600 cheaper with the same underwriter axa just through a different broker bike sure.
Tbh I will prob just cut my losses and go for my original plan. A gen 4 m sport.

Thing is I have got a quote ?600 cheaper with the same underwriter axa just through a different broker bike sure.
Tbh I will prob just cut my losses and go for my original plan. A gen 4 m sport.

Interesting, it maybe you've actually cost them a fair chunk of money, as I expect they take some of Axa's risk as part of the deal to be an underwriter.
*I am guessing how it works but that would make sense to me.

Interesting, it maybe you've actually cost them a fair chunk of money, as I expect they take some of Axa's risk as part of the deal to be an underwriter.
*I am guessing how it works but that would make sense to me.

I get that and if that was the case I would have alot more respect for them if they would just be honest and not pin it on the underwriter. It's a shame as they have always been really good with renewals up to this point like I said I have been insured with them for 4/5 years and that is all 4 of my bikes so not as if they haven't earned a bit from my business.

Back