Software version

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had my bike from September and I have 001-119-170 on the dash. I've specifically asked not to have any updates as it's been mapped.
My dealer said they never install an update without asking as they charge for the process. so always check first.
My dealer said if updates are available they can/will do as many as possible as they are free

Yeah every other manufacturer I've had have never charged. But dealer said its half hour of their time. Might be different if I'm getting other work done.
I think Bmw dealers sometimes make it up as they go along , the group I buy my cars through have a few locations and the one that?s closest to me talk to you like pooh which I don?t expect for 70-110k every 18 months but the next nearest one can never do enough for you and I always go there

I?ve never heard of a dealer charging for a software update, unless of course it?s an upgraded feature like ABS Pro was on the HP4
and Gen 3 bikes

Got the bike back and it had an update it?s now on version 21.4.40... not 100% sure what the update has updated but the phone issues still remain :(. Apparently the update was available this week and they said it took about 2-3 hours to do.

I would ask the dealer to reject the bike if they cannot resolve the problem. You should not be unreasonably inconvenienced by a defective product.

I?ll see what they say tomorrow I?m guessing Bmw will blame my phone for this though and Apple Bmw software I might try my old phone with very old software see if that works

@kev1 - I've tried two different Android phones and both have the same issue (bike booked in for s/w update in a couple of weeks). My KTM has no issues with either phone.

Bugger :( maybe I?ll have more luck if I contact the app people see if they can help.
I don't think it's the app as when I last experienced issues Spotify was cutting out too, so I think it's the bikes ability to maintain a stable Bluetooth connection

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

I don't think it's the app as when I last experienced issues Spotify was cutting out too, so I think it's the bikes ability to maintain a stable Bluetooth connection

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk
I?ll mention it to them again when it goes back in and see what they say .... I think this will drag on though :(

Stock advice with bluetooth issues is to ensure you have latest firmware on phone and headset, and connect phone and headset both to the bike, but not directly to each other to reduce/avoid issues with contention for the bluetooth radios.

Stock advice with bluetooth issues is to ensure you have latest firmware on phone and headset, and connect phone and headset both to the bike, but not directly to each other to reduce/avoid issues with contention for the bluetooth radios.
Yes that was the first answer but I?d updated my phone already and had the same issues I?m only trying to connect my phone.

Do you have the phone paired with anything else? Watch, headset? If so I'd test without those devices.

- Alex

I assume the BT is all in the dash so you'd need to test another dash to compare.
Time to test ride the other models with the dash?

- Alex

It does sound like the bike bt module is the problem. I had some fun and games with my bike but it was user error, now it connects up every time and works. I am using an obsolete cardo q1 headset and an iphone x and the bike handles them just fine.

Back