Software version

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I lost the speed limit stuff on the dash today. I just started the app on the phone and that fixed it. Not had to do that before, it's been flawless.

Just mentioning in case anyone else has that. The dash still showed my phone reception and battery level, just wasnt recording the ride or showing speed limits.

It does sound like the bike bt module is the problem. I had some fun and games with my bike but it was user error, now it connects up every time and works. I am using an obsolete cardo q1 headset and an iphone x and the bike handles them just fine.
Think I might ask to try this when I pick the bike up :)

I lost the speed limit stuff on the dash today. I just started the app on the phone and that fixed it. Not had to do that before, it's been flawless.

Just mentioning in case anyone else has that. The dash still showed my phone reception and battery level, just wasnt recording the ride or showing speed limits.

Hi Tif, does your speed limit work in MPH? Mine was just showing a white box before so turned it off completely. My phone is synced up so if I turn speed limit back on, is that it and it?ll work?

Hi Tif, does your speed limit work in MPH? Mine was just showing a white box before so turned it off completely. My phone is synced up so if I turn speed limit back on, is that it and it?ll work?
Yep, the white box is a placeholder for the speed once it gets it sent from your phone. It's a good sign you've got the box there. Ride around a bit and it should get filled in.

It's obviously relying on Bluetooth from your phone so may lag in updating

Yep, the white box is a placeholder for the speed once it gets it sent from your phone. It's a good sign you've got the box there. Ride around a bit and it should get filled in.

It's obviously relying on Bluetooth from your phone so may lag in updating
I get the white box sometimes but the speed doesn?t appear in it. Or if it does it?s 30 where ever I am.

Does it show your phone signal strength and battery level as if so sounds like mine it?s connected but not really working

Does it show your phone signal strength and battery level as if so sounds like mine it?s connected but not really working
Yeah, if you get all those indicators, then just start the app on the phone

If you're not getting those, then there's either some phone or software issue, or your phone's Bluetooth isn't strong enough to connect (try moving your phone, mine is in a bum bag and works fine)

Yeah, if you get all those indicators, then just start the app on the phone

If you're not getting those, then there's either some phone or software issue, or your phone's Bluetooth isn't strong enough to connect (try moving your phone, mine is in a bum bag and works fine)
Tried this and still doesn?t work. My phone is in the Bmw little tank bag thing. The bt on my phone is 100% working as it works with my car and van bike software is up to date and phone is also.

I'll try mine this evening, but I suspect I might have the same issue as Kev1.

No soof, I think I had set it to 'Only when using app'. Will that make the difference?

Definitely!

That setting means that if it's not on screen and being used by you, it's denied knowing your location - no location - no knowing the speed limit.

Also to set: make sure it's excluded from the power saving mode so that it can run in the background as often as it likes.

Last edited:
Definitely!

That setting means that if it's not on screen and being used by you, it's denied knowing your location - no location - no knowing the speed limit.

Also to set: make sure it's excluded from the power saving mode so that it can run in the background as often as it likes.

what he said.

It also wont work on lock screen if set to only when using. If set to always you do not need to start the app manually when using the bike, it will run itself.

New software version is out (at least in Finland) had a version 021_004_040, will see tomorrow what is tge new one... I had cold start problems where in warmer weather the "choke" didn't seem to work. Basically the bike turned over but wanted to die for the first 10 seconds where usually the revs are higher.

kev1 no it doesnt show batt strength just phone,all I get on the screen is a start flag, empty white speed box that's when sitting still,and riding,but SS SAID SOMETHING ABOUT THE LOCK SCREEN being on lock,mine is so ill try and unlock it,

Newest software version is 021_104_020 which didn't solve the startup problems, let's see if it fixed the bluetooth problems

I got the software update yesterday. I've only ridden back from the dealer so far, but it seems greatly improved, but not 100% fixed (I noticed the audio stutter / buffer a couple of times), but the nav worked all the way.
The bluetooth peice was almost certainly updated as it lost the pairing.
The biggest shock was that I was told that BMW only guarantee it to work with the BMW comms!

Back